icon

Lexus LS430 Mute Wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Customautomotiv 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
You can actually grab the radio mute wire off of the back of the indash cd player.
integratyper934 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
ya but why risk it? and besides you have to go to the amp anyway.....
Customautomotiv 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
Why risk what? It's perfectly safe to do it. You dont have to use a relay...meaning the factory warranty is still in tact.
integratyper934 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
well to test is you have to put a negative on it right? the last one i did i went to the amp if you already back there its alot easier to do it all there.
Customautomotiv 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
Yes ...you have to ground the mute wire on the back of the radio,,if you use a computer safe test light.......it is perfectly safe to do it. You can use a computer safe test light if you know what you are doing..a lot of alarm installers get into trouble using them becuase they are probing wires underneath the dash, where there a lot of wires that are multi-plexed. If you know the car you are working on....i.e. lexsus LS430....probing the back of the radio with a computer safe test light to find the mute wire is safe. I have done it 1000x...yes, probably even longer more than that, I have been doing it that long...Lexus LS430 Mute Wire - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. If you reall want to run the wires all the way to back..you can....but you dont have to get the mute wire at the amp. The factory phone wiring is located in the trunk on the right side. There, you can tap the mute wire, 12v, ignition and ground.
elicoleman 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
I agree with Customautomotiv. People freak out about test lights. If you use the right test light (com safe) and don't go on a probing freelance, you are safe. There is no reason to build a relay system when there is a mute wire for that purpose. That would be like adding a external CD player to your in dash CD player.
2003 GMC Yukon, Kenwood 815DVD w/ Nav. Memphis speakers. Kenwood 1200W Amp, Alpine 400W amp. Rear view camera, headrest monitors. Parrot CK3100
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic