icon

06 civic alarm/remote start?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oakley2000sel 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2006 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
06 civic 4 door...can't find trunk pin blue. It says that it's in the kick with all the other door pins. I found the 4 door pins no problem. I cannot find the blue trunk pin. Please need help. There are many blue wires in there.
oakley2000sel 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2006 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  

oakley2000sel wrote:
06 civic 4 door...can't find trunk pin blue. It says that it's in the kick with all the other door pins. I found the 4 door pins no problem. I cannot find the blue trunk pin. Please need help. There are many blue wires in there.
Forgot to mention that it says there is a hood pin too. There is no hood pin on a civic is there?

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 05, 2006 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  

It's in the big long green plug above the fuse box, bottom row, 6th from the end.

The factory hood pin is in a harness going up the kick in GREY tape. It's light blue with silver dots. NEG(-)

oakley2000sel 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2006 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

It's in the big long green plug above the fuse box, bottom row, 6th from the end.

The factory hood pin is in a harness going up the kick in GREY tape. It's light blue with silver dots. NEG(-)

Thanks Kartune...I'm gonna try that tomorrow. I didn't think there was a hood pin though because I didn't see a switch under the hood.
oakley2000sel 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2006 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I am getting really discouraged. I looked for both pins and cannot find them. First off there is 3 main plugs on the front of the fuse box. The top one is green. I looked at the botton, sixth plug from the end (right Side), it was blue with grey dots, tested it with a power tester with car running and all doors and trunk closed. It tested positive current. ?? As for the hood pin, there is a harness in grey tape that runs up along the fuse box in the front and a bigger harness that runs up in the back. Which one is it? It is also located at the hood latch cause I don't see a pin or wire under the hood. since there are so many wires the same color....How do I test it? The other door pins I just tested with a regular power tester connected to ground with the car running and when I found the right one the door ajar light came up on the dash. I know I am being a pain but I am right in the middle of the install and this is all that I am missing. Thanks again!
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 07, 2006 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
hook onto it with you multimeter and pop the hood, it should instantly go to ground. doo the same with the trunk.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic