icon

Indicator light not blinking

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
atlbigboipimpin 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2006 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
my question is there a such thing as flashing led and a none flashing one.reason for this question is i installed an alarm on my car,the first light was fine but i changed it because it was small and i found a bigger one so i decided to use a bigger blue.when i hook it up to the alarm it does'nt do anything.but when i hook it up to the battery
it comes on but does'nt flash like the other one.so am i thinking in the right direction or what.
atlbigboipimpin
bryantobando 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2006 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  

There are flashing LED's with a circuit in them, but the led that comes with your alarm is not meant to flash when connected across the battery. The output of the alarm for the LED is what makes it flash. the output is a pulsed (+).

If the big LED is not flashing when connected to the alarm, then its probably because the amperage that the alarm is outputting is not enough to light up that big LED. If you want, use a relay to power that big LED. connect 85 to ground 86 to the LED output of the alarm, 30 to (+), 87 to the anode of the LED. Make sure to put a 470 ohm resistor before terminal 87 and LED. It is not good to connect the big LED directly to the output of the alarm if the LED is not lighting up. It could damage the LED output.

atlbigboipimpin 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2006 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
the voltage of the first led is unknown,but the bigger one has 12volt on it.is there any other way to make the bigger work or maybe i can get another or do you think i will have the same problem.i hope not because now i have a big donut hole in my dash with nothing to put in it.
P.S. THANKS ALOT FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
atlbigboipimpin

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic