icon

whats the best way to wire 6 subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2006 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  

Ok now I see it. And you are correct at 2.6ohms when both banks are in series. This would be fine for a 2ohm stable MONO amp but if bridged to a 2ohm STEREO amp, it would be a problem   But this is good, Now we have diagrams for the six QuadVC's to run with either a one ohm stable mono, and a 2 ohm stable mono.

Just for kicks see if you can do a setup for a 2channel, 2 ohm stable amp. For optimal performance we want the total load to be 4ohms, or as close it is as possible without going under. Most novices have a little trouble understanding that when you "bridge" an ohm load, you must divide that in half to determine the power output and what the amp will actually be running at. (2 channel bridged is basically spliiting the load in parallel, so theoretically doubling power output. Basic ohms law.

I have to say this again, it makes me laugh...."SIX quadVC's" Thats 48 terminals to wire up 6 subs. Comon you gotta laugh.

Good luck

wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2006 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
I know exactly what you mean *laughing* In the past I've posted diagrams showing new users the difference in wiring (ohms) between a class D mono amp and a class A/B multi-channel (bridged) amp. It's helped a lot of people see what you are talking about.
I've been banging my head against the wall making these work! So they better be right finally!
I'll work on that diagram and see what I can come up with. I'll probably PM it to you when/if I get it finished. We've probably confused everyone enough already *laughing*
Skylark
Ok, here is the Accurate wiring diagrams for:
(3) 1ohm QVC's at 1.3ohms
(6) 1ohm QVC's at .65ohms
(6) 1ohm QVC's at 2.6ohms (2 different views)
whats the best way to wire 6 subs - Page 5 - Last Post -- posted image.
whats the best way to wire 6 subs - Page 5 - Last Post -- posted image.
Skylark, feel free to PM me if you have any questions on what wires go where *laughing* I know these diagrams can all run together after a while whats the best way to wire 6 subs - Page 5 - Last Post -- posted image.
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2006 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
It looks like some kind of crazy diagrams for wiring traffic lights..LOL
wvsquirrel 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2006 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
*laughing* That's not too far away from the truth. Especially since we have horizontal traffic lights like that in places down here (Central Florida)
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2006 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  

The diagrams are nice and appear to be on the money...still dizzy tracing the terminals. its like a vicious garden maze.

However, you listed the values wrong. These subs are wired @ 4ohms each and you list as 1 ohm each. I hope that was a typo or we have to start all over again.....shoot me now..lol

wvsquirrel 
Posted: October 16, 2006 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
skylark wrote:

they one ohm, im mad now because i ordered these subs over the phone and i said i wanted 2 ohm dvcs, but thats what i get for not double checking the order after they arrrived. i had these for 2 months now. And im not gonna waste money shipping these back because they so heavy and its not worth it when i believe i can still work with what i have. And they going in a tahoe if that helps.

Each voice coil is 1ohm. I based my numbers earlier off the ones given from the manual (I posted the picture excerpts earlier on page 3). Each QVC can be wired for a total ohm load of either 1 or 4. The numbers should be correct based on that.
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2006 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  

ok gimme a minute to look it over again

master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2006 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  

Ok a misunderstanging...ahhhh take a breath..lol  The voice coils are 1 ohm BUT we configured those coils to give us 4 ohm subs. So everything is good. I did not want to go thru this again and it's even worse for you.

I don't think with these value VC's in a group of 6 can ever be a 4 ohm load. But I would imagine it best to use a mono regardless, this setup can  use some power for sure.

I racked my brain a little with the numbers and 4 is not the magic one with these variables. You can try if you want but I am done** laughing

but as long as close to but not under 2 ohm or 1ohm there are options using all 6, depending on the amps rating.

Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic