icon

Parrot ck3200ls sound problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BradM96 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2006 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
I installed my parrot car kit today and just wired it into the stereo. When the car stereo is unhooked then with the car kits voltage directly to the speakers it sounds great. as soon as i hook the stereo back in it sounds horrible. i may have run across something about it may be underpowering the head unit. i have read about the mute relay which in turn turns the unit off but i have a avic-d1 so therefore need it powered on at all times. anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem. like i said before the problem on consists when the navi is hooked up.
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2006 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
This is what I understand from your post. You have a Parrot ck3200ls. If you use it without the stereo in the car it works fine. As soon as you connect the AVIC-D1 the sound is bad (distorted, muffled?). Yes, you need to connect the Mute lead. This will tell the AVIC-D1 to not output any sound when you are using your phone.
This may solve your problem, however, the directions for any Parrot device are CRAP! I would look over your installation and make sure you have things connected correctly. You may have mistaken the input/output leads of the Parrot wiring harness.
A question for you.
-Are your running any amplifiers?
There is no such thing as free installation!
elicoleman 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2006 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  

How does the parrot kit work with amplifiers in the system? Will it still work ok or do you need to tap into the speakers after the amp? Also will this back power the amp and cause problems?

Sorry for all the Q's

Thanks for the help

2003 GMC Yukon, Kenwood 815DVD w/ Nav. Memphis speakers. Kenwood 1200W Amp, Alpine 400W amp. Rear view camera, headrest monitors. Parrot CK3100
snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
it seems to work fine with aftermarket amplifier....installed one in the bosses vehicle after the amp and it sounds terrific......
integratyper934 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 1:25 AM / IP Logged  
you dont! need the mute if you interupt all the spkrs. just wanted to let people know. but if you use the muste and just interupt two spkrs it might be easier. i hate those directions! but ive done so many i dont even need to look at them.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic