icon

Relay For HID

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2006 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  

can u show us a diagram of how the whole system is wired?  just throw something together in paint, as neat as possible, where everything is connected, fuses used, and relays used.  might be able to help, but this problem sounds weird. 

Maybe it isn't the relay, maybe it is the ballast ever think of that?

Does this problem happen on only one or both sides.

Give more specific detail please.

Thanks.

idungknoe 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2006 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged  
"

""can u show us a diagram of how the whole system is wired?  just throw something together in paint, as neat as possible, where everything is connected, fuses used, and relays used.  might be able to help, but this problem sounds weird. 

Maybe it isn't the relay, maybe it is the ballast ever think of that?

Does this problem happen on only one or both sides.

Give more specific detail please.

Thanks.""

its too confusing to draw.  the thing is that it happens to both sides.  it flickers both at the same time,i dont think it would be the ballast because the relay clicks.  maybe low voltage coming through.  i dont know.  i need to know asap.  i heard if it flickers too much the ballast would burn out.

-=iDuNGKNoe=-
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2006 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
well if you cant help me out then I can't help you out.  Sorry bud
idungknoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2006 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
ill try to take a look at it soon and draw it out soon
-=iDuNGKNoe=-
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2006 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah a diagram could help. However I would not suspect the ballast causing the relays to click.

If the system was drawing too much current the contacts of the relay could burn up but it's logical to assume the clicking would be something to do with the coil of the relay not getting enough voltage so the spring is stronger then the magnetic field of the coil and it will "click".

Now even though this happens after time it still could be a bad connection..If something is heating up...well we know heat causes resistance..in turn, volage drop.

Once again a diagram of how it is wired is the only way we can get a clue as to what's wrong.

idungknoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  

Relay For HID - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

HIDs operate on 35W whereas halogens operate on 55W. In some vehicles, the difference in current will trigger a "low beam failure indicator." As a result, your HID Conversion kit will not function properly. This product will fix this issue so that you can install your HID conversion kit with no problems.

The Manufacture of the HID told me these would work.  Do You Guys Know What This is?  Do You Think IT WIll Work?

-=iDuNGKNoe=-
Mad Scientists 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2006 at 6:56 AM / IP Logged  

If the relay is clicking, it sounds like the control wiring for the relay is the problem.. measure the voltage across the relay coil.. possibly either a bad ground or bad source.

Jim

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic