icon

2005 Grandprix with factory remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
seed854 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know if you can put an aftermarket security system on a car with factory remote start. Also is there a way to do it so I could use the factory key fobs. (would I have to disarm the alarm before remote starting it) Any input would be appreciated. Thanks2005 Grandprix with factory remote start - Last Post -- posted image.
Steve
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
If the car already has a factrory remote starter, it will also have a factory alarm. Why add another one?
sparky
seed854 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
Because I would like to have something with a shock sensor, and a prox sensor. The reason is because I have recently added 3 TV's 2 amps and a set of subs. Just trying to keep my stuff protected. you know what I mean!
Steve
Montrealler 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
If I well reemenmber DEI had a piece to integrate an aftermarket alarm over the factory key fob something like 700t. But honestly i would recommand a two way confirmation alarm system. After putting all that money in the car why to try saving on the most important part !!! By the way the level sensor from DEI is awsomme!
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 30, 2006 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, you can put an add-on security system to the factory remotes, even with factory remote start.
DEI makes the Automate AM1 or the now-discontinued Hornet 700T.
Audiovox also has the Pursuit PRO-9232A, which is what I install for work.
There are also quite a few other brands that make similar alarms.
seed854 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2006 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I agree with you on doing a two way, but is there any way that the remote from the two way could remote start my car? I have never ran into a problem like this with any of my other cars. This factory remote start and intergrating into it is new to me. I just wonder if there is a way you could use an activation like and somehow tie in into the activation line on the factory remote start? I would like to get a security system in there as soon as possible. If you or anyone else has an input it would be greatly appreciated.
Steve
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 30, 2006 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
Astroflex has a piece with its own remotes and antenna, which activates the factory remote starter, but with longer range.
I'm not sure if they make a 2-way version.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2006 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
If you have that much invested in the vehicle, I would then suggest that you purchase an alarm/starter combo unit. It will give you a full feature alarm that is easy to expand/upgrade and a remote starter with a longer range. The range of the factory unit is maximum 196 feet. With an add on alarm, you have to get real creative to interface the alarm and factory remote starter. If you don't you can't remote start the car without setting off the add on alarm. You can still use the factgory alarm too. Hook up the new alarm/starter that it triggers the arm and disarm functions of the factory alarm.
sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic