icon

Speaker Wire Adapters?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
drober30 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 07 Trailblazer SS and am going to have some components that I have (Boston Pro 60's) installed in the front and rear.

I'm having two JL Audio amps installed and a QLogic sub box( stealth type for the trailblazer) with a JL 10w6 v2

The shops around here do not want to mess with the door molex connector so they use the existing speaker wires and splice into them.

Are there adapters from Metra or Scosch that will plug into the factory connectors for the speakers in the door and at the Bose amp that will allow the installer to use the adapter wires rather than cutting plugs off and splicing the factory wires?

My last install the shop cut the plug off my factor amp wiring harness and used wire connectors to attach the new speaker wire. I would rather not have these factory plugs cut.

Thanks!

doibuy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
Metra makes adaptor plugs for most applications.  Ususally run about $8 a pair.  The other option is if they cut the plug off make sure they leave enough wire on the plug to reconnect it if you decide to reinstall the factory speakers, and leave them plugged into the speakers so that you don't loose them.
drober30 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply!

I did re-wire my factory plug back in when I traded my car. I just thought it was overly invasive and would prefer not to have the factory plugs cut off or compromised.

I figured that’s exactly why they make adapters for adding a HU.

I seen speaker wire adapters on the Scosche web site but could not determine if there was one for the factor amp harness that would break out speaker wire leads?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic