icon

Clifford Matrix RS 3.5, won’t unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
auburnryan 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Martix RS 3.5 in my 1991 240sx, and am having and issue this week. Alarm works fine except door unlock, the alarms sounds but doesn't unlock the doors - it will lock them however. This car has the actuator on the drivers door which open the passenger. RS works fine.
Yesterday I remoted started the car, came outside 5 mins later to find the car wasn't running and the alarm would respond, the remote would just beep at me. I figured the battery on the car had died.
In the evening I opened the car and tried to start the car for the heck of it- lights came on and it started up fine. I check the alarm and it's sounding an getting signal fine.
Today I noted the car won't unlock withthe alarm- everything else functions normal....looking for someone to point me in the right direction as I had this installed, and am now regretting not konwing the in's and out's of the wiring on the system for a circumstance like this.
The cars clock was reset and the radio stations reset- so the car lost power, but I don't know how/when, since it started up fine in the evening...
Anyone think the brain is fried, or the actuators bad, or it defaulted to some mode when the battery died???? I've removed the battery beofre with no effects like this...
The small shop I had this installed in is now closed/gone - I would have feared this from a small shop, but it had been there for 10+ years so I thought I would have support.
TIA
jc18750 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2006 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
your lock relay probably went bad. if they are aftermarket locks, check under the dash by the steering column for 2 relays. one might be bad.
qdaddy 
Copper - Posts: 133
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2006 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
best thing is take it to a local pro shop or big box chain store have them check it out especially if you dont have installation experience with alarms cuz they can be very difficult to install and manipulate i have been installing alarms since 93 and withhout seeing the car most guys would agree it could be alot of things wrong you need somebody with experience this 240sx the locks work on a single wire setup so can be tricky if you dont know relays and you dont want to create any further damage or problems please let someone else check it                         be safeClifford Matrix RS 3.5, won’t unlock - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic