How to find the e brake wire, 2005 Altima

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hemanjoyman 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2005 Nissan Altima, automatic Transmission, 3.5SE
Does anybody know where I can tap into the e brake wire so I can install my Kenwood KVT-717DVD. I am expecting it to be deliverd tomorrow, and I want to be able to install it myself....don't want to pay anyone to do it.
Thanks
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
It is a green wire in the white 18 pin plug above the drivers kick panel. It will go to ground when you apply the parking brake.
sparky
hemanjoyman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks sparkie,
I will give that a try and see how it goes.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
A little easier, you can get it behind the instrument cluster. Remove it and get the VSS(blue / YELLOW) and Ebrake(green) at the same time....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
hemanjoyman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
I was wondering what the "Steering remote control input" wire is for??? Is the the VSS you are referring to Mike M2??
Also, is there any way I can tap into the VSS somewhere near the e brake wire where sparkie mentioned???
There is a Reverse sensor wire("REVERSE") and one labled Parking sensor wire("PRK. SW") I am assuming the PRK. SW is the one that goes to the e brake, and the other need not be connected, right???
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  

Reverse is just that, back up lights. VSS is vehicle speed sense, and you will need it to install the nav. Behind the cluster is the easiest place. It's only 4 screws and it comes out. You will need all three wires you mention.

Steering wheel control is for just that. Do you have radio controls on your sterring wheel? If so, buy a SWI-ALP from PAC and it will allow them to work with your new nav....

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
hemanjoyman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
Well, the KVT-717DVD doesn't come with the nav. integrated, I would have to buy it separately, so I guess I don't have to worry about the VSS either........I don't care too much about the steering wheel controls, I'm guessing the "REVERSE" would come into play if I had a camera in the rear, it would make the video input change to the camera input, I don't plan on having that camera either, so I guess the only one I really have to worry about is the "Park SW," which is the parking brake sensor.
Thanks
Mike M2
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2006 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
Ahh, yes, if no nav none of that stuff is needed. (FYI, the reverse wire is also to let the nav know you are backing up.}
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
hemanjoyman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, thanks for all the info. Mike M2. I couldn't find the screws to remove the instrument cluster, maybe I was looking in the wrong place for the screws, but anyway. I ended up just removing the center console, and tapping into the the e-brake wire that way. Everything is working just as it should now.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic