icon

Code Alarm remote start Ford

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
iracekx 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Code alarm remote start keyless entry that has Ford on the front. It is only remote start keyless there is no siren. I have to put it on 2004 F250 desiel. I can not find a wait to start wire but the person I am putting it on for says it came off a Ford desiel. I have been doing viper alarms that have wait to start wires on them. I have purchased a DEI 528 pulse timer relay for the job. I have not done code-Alarm in over 10 years I have no manual and no model number on the alarm. Does Code alarm use another wire for the wait to start. If you have any info it would be greatly appreciated.
Life begins at 150..........On a 2005 Blue R1. Full Akrapovic race system/PC3/Chrome wheels/Greggs flush mount turn signals/LP sliders/LP bra/Clifford 2.5/Pit Bull front & Rear stands/
cavsfan 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2006 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
They have a built in timer that you can adjust through programing anywhere from 10-30 seconds.
iracekx 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2006 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  
cavsfan wrote:
They have a built in timer that you can adjust through programing anywhere from 10-30 seconds.
You would not happen to have a manual that would tell me how to program or do you think that it should still be working since it came off of a desiel. So I will not need the pulse timer relay just like the viper do not need the pulse timer relay anymore. Thanks so much for your help.
Life begins at 150..........On a 2005 Blue R1. Full Akrapovic race system/PC3/Chrome wheels/Greggs flush mount turn signals/LP sliders/LP bra/Clifford 2.5/Pit Bull front & Rear stands/
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2006 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
Do you have a model number off of the unit? Is it the old style ford, or the new powercode style? If the starter kill wires are white and WHITE/ red, it's the older style. If they are purple and PURPLE / red, it's the newer style.
Mike
iracekx 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2006 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
NowYaKnow wrote:
Do you have a model number off of the unit? Is it the old style ford, or the new powercode style? If the starter kill wires are white and WHITE/ red, it's the older style. If they are purple and PURPLE / red, it's the newer style.
Mike
The main harness is spades which your wires plug on to the board. T1-red 12 volt constant
T2- WHITE/ red starter key side
T3- white starter motor side
T4- Lt. Blue second ign/heater output
T5- Blue/red second ign heater polarity
T6- Pink heater/acc output
T7- Pink/Red Heater/acc polarity
Then it 2 4 pin plugs looks like for shock one by the main T harness and one on the other side where the ant plugs in.
There is a relay that was attached to the alarm that looks to be Code it has a thin white wire on pin 86 that goes to a 4 pin harness that will fit either plug on the brain. They had pin 30 going to the starter side then pin 85 to ground and pin 87 to 12 volt constant.
The other harness goes as is.
1. Black ground
2. Violet-active output -
3. Gray/Black- Tach input -
4. WHITE/ Tan - Brake input +
5. Tan - Trunk -
6. Blue/Dk. Green - 2nd door unlock -
7. Dk. Blue - +lock -unlock
8. Dk. Green - +unlock -lock
9. Pink - aux 1 -
10. BLACK/ Green - aux 2 -
11. Gray - LED -
12. Orange - horn -
13. Lt.Blue/Black - Ignition +
14. Lt.Green - hood input -
    BLACK/ Pink - key in sense -   ( the wire color on the alarm for pin 14 looks to be BLACK/ Brown kind of got me stupmed
15. YELLOW /GREEN - Factory disarm -
16. Brown - disarm input -
17. Yellow - negative trigger input -
18. White - Positive trigger input +
19. ORANGE / Black - Parking lights
20. ORANGE / Red - Parking light polarity
21. Yellow - Dome light output
22. Yellow/Red - Dome light polarity
the front of the alarm says FORD vehicle security system.
Even thoughit is remote start keyless with horn honk.
There is some numbers on the back this is how they are labeled.
N-5
LBL1244
Rev.A
8/00
This product may be protected by the following U.S. Patents: 5049867, 4740775, 53344969 or 5563600
I hope that is enough info to let you know which one this is hopefully it does have timer for desiel. The guy that I am putting on for says that it came off a desiel but I do not know that first hand though. Thanks so much for your help it is greatly appreciated.
cavsfan 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2006 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
Try code alarms website. It seems you have the old style unit, it is the same as a sure-start lx. I don't have a manual for this. These were made from 01-03 in 04 they went to the power code module.
cavsfan 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2006 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
After re-reading your first post if it came off of a a diesal itshould still be programmed  for a delayed start.
iracekx 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2006 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
cavsfan wrote:
After re-reading your first post if it came off of a a diesal itshould still be programmed for a delayed start.
Thats what I am hoping fixing to install it right now. Just finished a viper 791 in a 2007 Chevy silverado it was a Chevy what else can you say.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic