icon

finding a good system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wible22 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2006 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  

i have $1000 to spend on a system and i want to get some good stuff not junk. i know how to hook everything up and stuff. but i need 6x9's, a componet system, 2 12's and an amp or amps to run them, and i also need a car alarm, ohh and im wanting a 1/2 eq and i need a cd player cuz i fried the faceplate in mine but everything else works except the back button. please help me

wible
advanced_audio 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2006 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
What exactly are you trying to accomplish in terms of an ideal system? Are you wanting nice quality sound or you only concerned with "being the loudest"? Also what kind of vehicle? I seriously doubt you could purchase everything you listed and still have "good stuff" in your car, but for a thousand you can still have an enjoyable system. I would recommend buying piece by piece and buying quality gear than throwing all the cash down at once, this is how I build my systems, works great for all the budget minded slim wallet types like me lol
jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2006 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  
i would start out with a really nice cd player, id go with eclipse. i havnt really heard alot of 6x9s but ive had blaupunkt, infinity, pyle (never get, name says it all) and JL audio. well after blowing them all exept for the infinitys i bought the JL audio's and couldnt be happier with thier perfomance. for subs it depends on what you like, i like rockford fosgate, tcsounds(eclipse), resonant engineering. ive only owned the rockfords but the others i have heard and looked at and they are also really high quality, others will prolly have more to add to the list. like Wible22 said are you looking for bass or good sound.  as for a car alarms blackwidow are really nice IMO.
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2006 at 3:33 AM / IP Logged  

How did you fry the faceplate?

You could probably do all that for around 1000 if you install everything yourself but as far as reccomending what "good" is..that can be subjective.

If you are happy with it..can afford it...and it is reliable that would be considered "good" to most people. But then thier are the people who are not happy unless they have 10,000 dollar speakers and a deck that would be at home in the space shuttle.

If you are budgeted to the 1000 dollars and don't do it piece by piece as reccomended, you can go with middle of the road stuff..avoid flea market and questionable "ebay" stuff. Purchase from a business that can back thier products with a good warrenty..this way you are protected if you end up with "junk"

Best of luck

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 05, 2006 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
All good advice above.  I began to think, when reading your post, that this was do-able with your stated budget...until you started throwing in the eq and cd player in the mix.  Do as advanced_audio suggested.  Oh, and consider an alternative to the 6 X 9's, which are not known for their voice quality.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
wible22 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2006 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 99 civic and i want pounding bass as well as clear sound i dont really need an eq but id like one to adjust all my speakers. but i was looking at some lanzars but i dnk. i want 2 12s and id like class d amp for better sound but i dont thkin i can get them with a grand. i know how to wire everything and i also have a lot of friends to help me if i need it. my buddys got 2 18's in his truck its loud. but anyway thanks for all the advice and hopfully you guys can help me out some more on chooseing some fairly decent equipment
wible
advanced_audio 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2006 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
I wouldnt go Lanzar. Your best advice is your own ears! Go to your local car audio dealers or best buy, circuit city or other store. Listen, listen and listen some more to what sounds good to you, thats always the most important thing i could recommend jl, eclipse, and other like minded brands and you could think they sound horrible and be perfectly happy with a lanzar. Only thing to consider is always shop from an authorized dealer like master says, theres so many fakes out there!
jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2006 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
you wouldnt be happy with lanzar, ive had pyramids that are louder and sound better. but like others said its YOU that listens to it so its your decision. as for the 6x9's save some money and dont even put any in it, buy nicer front components which will give you a better soundstage. get a deck that has built in eq, id get at least a 7 band but again its up to you.
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2006 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  

IMO a seperate EQ is not neccesary unless you just like the way the slider controls or dials look. You can pick up a decent head unit and it will have built in EQ's/ cross overs, front, rear and sub preouts..with a remote for around 200 bucks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic