icon

avital 4100 remote programming

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
explorer2 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2006 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed this remote starter, but cannot get the remotes to work.  When I turn the ignition on the doors lock as they should and when i turn it off they unlock.  when I press the program button the led indicates the number of time it was pushed and then does it again when i press the corresponding button on the remote.  but the remotes do nothing. what am i doing wrong?
lsondubz 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2006 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
Here is what I have...
Turn the key to the On position
Within 10 seconds press and release the program switch the number of times corrsponding to the desired channel. Once you have selected a channel press the switch once more and HOLD IT DOWN...The led will flash to confirm the selected channel...Do NOT Release the program switch...Now press the button on the transmitter you would like it to control the selected channel...Once the code is learned you may release the programming switch...I always use the auto-learn feature...what you would do then is turn ignition on, press the switch once, then press again and hold down, the led should flash once, then just press the lock button on the transmitter and it should automatically learn all of the buttons, if not you can program each button separately...
CHANNEL NUMBER FUNCTION
1 Auto-Learn*
2 Lock/Unlock
3 Channel 2 output
4 Remote Start
5 Turbo/Short Run
6 Timer Mode
7 Defogger Control
8 Delete all Transmitters**
*NOTE: For Auto Learn Configurations, see Transmitter Configurations section of this
guide.
**NOTE: If any button from a known transmitter is programmed to Channel 8, all
transmitters will be erased from memory and will revert to the default feature settings.
This is useful in cases where the customer's transmitters are lost or stolen.
explorer2 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2006 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  

that is exactly what i am doing, and I am pretty sure the remote is recongnized because the light blinks when I press the lock button to auto learn. but then after the remote does nothing.   This is a refurbished unit is it possible it may be locked up or not working correctly? 

explorer2 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2006 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  
I messed with it some more and now I do not believe that it is receiving a signal from the remote, when I turn the ignition on and push the button once and hold it on the second push for auto learn the led blinks once every few seconds.
cavsfan 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2006 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
Might be a dumb question but is the antenna plugged in?
explorer2 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2006 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
I figured it out right after I posted, and you guessed it, there are 2 four pin plugs, one of which I dont need and one for the antenna.  You can guess which one I plugged the antenna into.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic