icon

whats up with directed tech support is no

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wrxsti161 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2006 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
I call DEI tech support all the time. I'm an authorized dealer. They are helpful sometimes, other times that are just trying to get me off the phone.  I only call with serious matters.  I do know that they get tons of phone calls from installers who cant use relays, have no idea what a diode is, etc.......   I've learned that this site provides excellent technical support.  Sometimes resorting back to the basics will solve your problem. 
David
MECP Basic Installer Certification
dudek38 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2006 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
i tried to reply to kgerry's response earlier. i was say that its not a good way to do business. what about the small shop whos sells an occasional alarm or other dei product. plus, at least be there for your authorized dealers! plus there's no way their support line can really know all those products. its nice to talk to an expert on they're products, i dont care how good you are. i also agree that the dealers should have vast knowledge of the dei product install. i myself can do anything or install anything because im resourceful, if i cant figure it out the tech line is always next. anyway, i figured my remote start problem out. and eventhough the automate am7 is nice, i wont be selling anymore, because of the way dei does business. its all about the numbers to them which is easy to see. ultimately bad for business, we'll see
owner of
Motion Marine & Car Audio
the florida keys
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 15, 2006 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  

dudek38 wrote:
i tried to reply to kgerry's response earlier. i was say that its not a good way to do business. what about the small shop whos sells an occasional alarm or other dei product. plus, at least be there for your authorized dealers! plus there's no way their support line can really know all those products. its nice to talk to an expert on they're products, i dont care how good you are. i also agree that the dealers should have vast knowledge of the dei product install. i myself can do anything or install anything because im resourceful, if i cant figure it out the tech line is always next. anyway, i figured my remote start problem out. and eventhough the automate am7 is nice, i wont be selling anymore, because of the way dei does business. its all about the numbers to them which is easy to see. ultimately bad for business, we'll see

Very well put. You ARE just another # to them...you are not truley a customer, you are simply another piece of meat to feed the machine.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic