icon

Gentex Mirror Wiring Diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Dav96 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2003 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know about the Gentex 177  auto dimming mirror?   I got it out of a wrecked 2001 GMC Truck it has the compass and temp with a 7 pin connector with a black wire running from inside the mirror down to a box on the mount.  I would also like to know if this mirror needs a temp probe because it has some kind of box on it where it mounts up on the windsheild I opened up the box and inside the black wire there were 5 small wires  White, Yellow, Black, Orange, and Green connected to a small circuit board with two small  metal boxes on it could this be the temp sensor?
oric20 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2003 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  

does anyone know what is wrong when the compass shows a NW reading when it was installed instead of having me calibrate it? It just stays on NW and doesn't move no matter where i go????

please help!

Ciro

gdoug 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2003 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
hold the compass button until "C" appears. Then drive slowly in a complete circle one to two times until the compass returns to normal. Then it should be calibrated. I have to do that to mine every once in a while.
twobws 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2003 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
Dav96 wrote:
Does anyone know about the Gentex 177  auto dimming mirror?   I got it out of a wrecked 2001 GMC Truck it has the compass and temp with a 7 pin connector with a black wire running from inside the mirror down to a box on the mount.  I would also like to know if this mirror needs a temp probe because it has some kind of box on it where it mounts up on the windsheild I opened up the box and inside the black wire there were 5 small wires  White, Yellow, Black, Orange, and Green connected to a small circuit board with two small  metal boxes on it could this be the temp sensor?
bw
twobws 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2003 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
I was wondering if you ever received info on the Gentex 177 mirror. I have the same mirror supposedly from a Buick Park Ave with the same configuration and don't know what the Black Box with it  is for. I have a 99 Lesabre with the auto dimming mirror.  Plugging the mirror into my mirror wiring lights up the compass display but haven't tried the compass function as far as calibration. It will accept the change in declination Will keep you posted as I progress.
bw
availablex 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2003 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  

anyone know about the Gentex 177. I want to inst it on a 2000GMC Sierra. The wire are black,green,grey,yellow and pink with a black stripe.Need help with where these wires hook up 

twobws 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2003 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
Wiring color code is shown in  a post on page 1 of this forum.
bw
Willyb22 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2003 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Dav96 wrote:
Thanks Have a great day Bill
Willyb22 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2003 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
Dave,  I have the same mirror, the part you are looking at is the digital compass.  I checked with the dealer, and it does require a Temp probe.
Thanks Have a great day Bill
miatapaul 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2004 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  

I have a Gentex GNTX-115 model mirror. its got maplights and auto-dimming feature only. its got a 7 pin connector in the back with a harness. Only 5 of the pins are in use so I have 5 wires, the colors are as follows:

Black

Pink

Orange

Light Greeen

Blue/white

I assume black is ground. need to know which ones are

1. constant power

2. on with ignition

3. on when doors are open

4. i guess one is for reverse light hookup

thanks

Paul