icon

Wiring Trunk Neon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crono61 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  

i have 2 pheonix gold octane ZR 10" subwoofers (the ones with blue leds in the center of the cone). The amp also came with 2 8" blue neon rods to sit in the rails on the side of the amp. I've got the amp all wired up, but i'm still working on the lights. Here's what i have/know so far:

1. I have a separate power wire connected directly to the battery to power the relay (i ran it when running the main 4 gauge power wire)

2. I want to have the lights turn on when the amp turns on and/or when the trunk's open (suggestions on when they should turn on would help...what works the best/is the easiest?)

3. I have no idea what size/type fuses to use, i have no idea where to place them

4. I have read the "Connecting Additional Devices to the Remote Turn On Wire" on https://www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp, and if i choose to wire it this way, my main problem is the fuses (mentioned above)

Sorry about the long post, any help regarding any of these questions would be really appreciated...thanks in advance

crono61 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
**i have a Bosch BRLY1 SPDT Relay ( http://www.sonicelectrnix.com/item_5635.html#)
silverado42000 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
do both for the neons, wire them to the relay and then hook the relay up to the remote turn-on and the trunk light +, make sure you put diodes on each wire tho
Wiring Trunk Neon - Last Post -- posted image.
crono61 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
sorry, i'm like electronically competent, but no where near "knowledgeable"...how would i go about wiring the relay up to both the trunk and the remote wire...and how/why would i use diodes and on which wires?...what about fuses?
eleterequest 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
I've done this in my girlfriends truck, and what I did ( cheaply ) was picked up a small relay from Radio Shack, and connected its coil right to the light of the truck, then the power from the remote turn on goes to the switch side, and from there to the tube inverter.
Well, there is a bit more to it, but thats the basics. In my girlfriends car I have another relay and switch so she can use the tubs or normal light, and the power from the remote turn on is not directly connected to the tub inverter anymore.
I could have done this wrong, but it works and the cars on life 10 of 9.
87toytacmrylol 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  

Hi i have a 1987 toyota camry. what i want 2 do is put a neon light in my truck as the main light but the thing is there is no light in the trunk at all? but what i did find was 2 wire not connected 2 anything and wire 2 a plastick piece tht wich looks like u hook something into it. can someone pls help me. and also can someone tell me how 2 kook up my dual amp up 2 my car. i have a dual mp3 cd player and a 600 watt amd, and pioneer 10" sub pls help me=].

shawn need help
kykillerklown 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  

crono61 wrote:
sorry, i'm like electronically competent, but no where near "knowledgeable"...how would i go about wiring the relay up to both the trunk and the remote wire...and how/why would i use diodes and on which wires?...what about fuses?

You will need to use diodes, for instance when you turn on your amp it will trigger the neons on, but if you dont use a diode the current will flow backwards to the truck light and power it too.  The diode will allow power to only flow one way.

crono61 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
things are starting to make more sense now...thanks...i'll keep learning and trying to figure it out...any other suggestions/diagram ideas are still appreciated =)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic