icon

2007 Dodge Caliber door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
escottx 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2006 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
Installed a Crime Guard 745i4. Everything works except the door locks. I know to use the GREEN/ dk green wire in the driver's kick panel. But when I connect the alarm's trigger wire to the green wire it doesn't work. But if I connect the alarm to the same green wire in the door, it works. I'd rather connect in the kick panel because it will be difficult to route the wire through the door. Also noticed there's no voltage in the green wire at the kick panel, but there is at the door. Can anyone explain how to get the alarm to trigger the locks?
Thanx!
snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2006 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
the locks in that vehicle are resistive....you have to send teh negative lock trigger through a 1000 ohm resistor (use a relay to do this diode will work but your better off with a relay) and the negative unlock trigger through a 249 ohm resistor (again use a relay)....boom there ya go
escottx 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2006 at 5:47 AM / IP Logged  
Thanx for the reply. I can get the locks to trigger using diodes if I connect directly at the door. Are you saying if I use a relay and diodes I can get the locks to trigger using the same wire in the kick panel?
snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2006 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
well you dont have to use both relays and diodes to accomplish this but yes if you use relays and the proper resistors you will get both lock and unlock at that one wire in the kick
escottx 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  
Thanx. I'll give it a try after the turkey settles.
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
The doorlock wire on a 2006 Caliber is lightGREEN/ dark green. Just like snotdobbs said, the locks are single wire resistive. To lock, pulse this wire with a ground thru a 1000ohm resistor, to unlock pulse this same wire with a ground thru a 249ohm resistor. The door trigger wires are LF-PURPLE / black
          RF-PURPLE / white
          RR-purple / YELLOW
          LR-PURPLE / gray
Be careful with the lower dash panel, its a pain in the butt with that lower drivers side airbag and airbag cover.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic