icon

critique my setup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
maliboom 
Copper - Posts: 111
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
It all comes down to you get what you pay for on this one. For the price market your in look at Fusion and Power Acoustic amps and JVC decks. For me these sound better than Sony or Hifonics and are in the same price range. If you are willing to spend more money Eclipse decks and amps are in my opinion the way to go.
rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
I beg to differ on the HiFonics bashings. I have one hooked up to my Treo SSX18 and it is puching that thing hard, and its only the 1606. That's only 1600 watts to my sub with an RMs 2500. it was good enough to pull a 146 at a bassrace. (btw, I am by no means saying Hifonics is great, but damn good bang for the buck, and only using it until my VFL400 gets fixed.!!)
jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  

like everyone else said, dont get sony. get an alpine or an eclipse, eclipse is the more prefered choice in decks. hifonics is a great amp for the price.

i hope your setup works out for you, good luck

afplayboy18 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 2:26 AM / IP Logged  

i ended up getting a pioneer deck, the Pioneer DEH-P6800MP to be exact.

also picked up the infinity speakers with a KICKER ZX350.4 to power that.

im about to pick up a KICKER 1500.1 for my FI Q12.

got everything picked out so far, just gotta worry about the box and wires now...then im all done.

thanks

prodigal 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  
I just got a hifonics 1606d to replace my power acoustic LT980 to power my rockford P2 and i was a bit disappointed. For an amp which boasts 900W at 2 ohms RMS i was really expecting it to hit those rockfords harder. However i did get a distinct and noticeable difference. My bass (which runs at 35 Hz) sounded much cleaner and harder but considering my rockfords are only 200W RMS each i was really afraid i'd burn them. Well i just got the hifonics hooked up today so maybe i have to tune it a bit more. Also i only have the remote volume set to half but i think the upgrade was worth the money and i have not opened my system really loud as yet. Still sceptical about burning my RFp2 which i love so much. Also considering that i run at such a low frequency i would require much more power than someone running at say 45 Hz or higher. But i was really impressed with my power acoustic LT980 cause it's rated at 220 rms X 2 channels and it really made my RF move and i only payed $120 for it.
Prodigal Son
djscustomz1 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  

stevdart wrote:
Sounds like Ebay listings.

why are you guys so negative towards anything that is not  Kicker, Alpine, JL Audio, or any other overpriced big name in the business... I have heard phenominal systems that have used less than $600.....

I dont care about who has the bigger name in the business... The Bigger the name the Bigger the price. NO BETTER QUALITY!!!
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2006 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  

nothings wrong with ebay...if you like, no warrenty from company due to it coming from a non licesced seller, and then there is always the "NEW" factor. (probably refurbished or not new)  and even the thought that if you did buy it and they tell you, you get a warrenty, and then have a problem with it and the company is gone...hmmm or even if you want to ask a question about it, good luck on getting quality help. besides that ebay is GREAT! hmmmm.....

2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic