icon

92 cad

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtremeimage 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  

ok does anyone have any vital info on the 92 cad seville with e bose system in it.

my customer wants to change the head unit. am i going to need to install a ground loop isolater for the humming sound if the speakers are amplified.

master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
For a 92 it uses a standard GM harness. You don't need a ground loop isolater..you need an adjustable 4channel high/low converter designed for this kind of integration. Make sure you hook up the remote..which is also power antenna for that vehicle..wire the harness as normal and all should be well.
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  

One more thing to note. This is an older vehicle and the speakers might be bad..also note this bose system uses a seperate amp on each speaker..and the speakers are 2 ohm.  If everything is not playing properly you should change all the speakers to standard 4ohm replacements and bypass the bose amps..which can be easily done at each speaker/amp assembly..no need to run extra wires, and in that case you also won't need any converters.

good luck

xtremeimage 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
we i found out that the bose sys is amplified and it does need high/low inverter, its so the amp wont get to much current.  apently this bose system is a little diffrent then the current ones.   thanks for all the info.
djscustomz1 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
master5 wrote:

One more thing to note. This is an older vehicle and the speakers might be bad..also note this bose system uses a seperate amp on each speaker..and the speakers are 2 ohm.  If everything is not playing properly you should change all the speakers to standard 4ohm replacements and bypass the bose amps..which can be easily done at each speaker/amp assembly..no need to run extra wires, and in that case you also won't need any converters.

good luck

make sure not to just hook up the radio to the speakers directly I had a customer bring me his car that he did that too and lets just say he fried a $400 pioneer deck and Im pretty sure that is not covered under warranty... lol

I dont care about who has the bigger name in the business... The Bigger the name the Bigger the price. NO BETTER QUALITY!!!
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 2:25 AM / IP Logged  

That is exactly why I stated in my first post that it needs an adjustable 4 channel high to low converter.

In my second post I clearly state that IF he replaces the bose speakers and bypasses the amps he will not need a converter.

xtremeimage 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  

ok when i took out the stock radio it doesnt have an antenna in the back of it .  its in the truck hooked to an amp i think .  do i need an amp extention and do i hook up the power inverter in the front or in the trunk?

master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  

Oh its one of those..still not that hard..just more work involved. In the trunk behind the carpet on the passenger side you will find the amp/tuner. It is a silver metal box and you will see wires and an antenna plugged into it.

You will need the following........gm antenna adaptor..144'' antenna extension...and a standard gm harness for 90-up. The speaker wires will need to be extended to the dash along with the antenna cable...grab power and constant at the ignition harness or fuse panel, unless you want to run it from the rear as well. You can ground it to metal under the dash and you are done.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic