icon

extra battery

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
The PAC unit I posted is able to handle 200 amps continuous...unless you have a pretty serious sub system I don't see why it wouldn't work
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  

Well azn..good point. I guess as long as the total current draw of everything does not exceed 200amps, I also can not see why it wouldn't work.

Does anyone know if they still make H/O dual output alternators? I have not seen any in a while since I don't really do much comp anymore. At the last shop where we did alot of comp (in Tennessee) there was a company called PPI..(not the same as the amp company) that would build us these awesome custom alternators with virtually any current rating we requested (not cheap BTW) with dual outputs so we didn't use isolators in those cases..and they used massive external rectifiers and adjustable external regulators. The only thing is as with other HO alternators they did not really put out much above 12v at idle..but give it some gas and I swear these would easily put out 16 volts if we wanted them too (probably not a good idea)...set up properly along with zero gauging the big 3 you would never have light dimming no matter how much you cranked the system.

I know the company does not exist anymore but just curious if that type of product is still available..for competition systems they really were perfect. And we made plenty of money installing them since they were huge so we usually always had to weld and fabricate brackets.

Custom_Jim 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  

Funny how the PAC relay and the Stinger relay look the same except for the sticker each company puts on the mounting bracket. As far as price the one linked to is $49.99 and I get them for $34.66 ?. Seems like the PAC is more than the Stinger model. I can pretty much guess that PAC and Stinger buy them from another company as i've seen the same picture of this style relay and they look identical. Not that a picture shows everything but down to the same mold casting marks and rivets ?. Too many similiarities. I've run both on my cars through the years and have only had one fail. Do not confuse these relays with cheaper models. Some relays and solenoids are made for continous use while others for momentary so research them before buying.

Jim

1968 Chevy II Nova Garage Find 2012
1973 Nova Custom
1974 Spirit of America Nova
1973 Nova Pro-Street
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic