icon

pioneer deh-6400 radio wont work

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hawaiiboi 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
i just recently install my pioneer head unit and for some reason the radio dosent work and on my old head unit it work fine. i know the radio cable is in all the way in, but like it dosent cath any radio station at all.
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  

It helps if you post the make, model and year of the vehicle in question for the best replies.

However, it may be safe to assume the vehicle has a power or "amplified" antenna. Make sure that the remote is working at the new deck (putting out 12v+ when the deck is on),..and make sure it is connected to the remote wire of the harness to the vehicle.

If that is not the problem, the deck you are installing might be defective on the tuner section or have a bad internal connection/solder joint on the antenna receptacle. Couple of ways to verify...One is reinstall the old deck and see if it still as reception..two is to plug in a test antenna into the new deck to see if that helps.

master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
Another reason I'd like to know the vehicle..It may need an antenna adaptor. If it did and you are not using one..or using an incorrect one..it will fail. Also..if you are using the correct one..that as well could be bad and you may need to try another..but I can only guess not knowing all the info.
hawaiiboi 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
its a 92 toyota pickup truck
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  

Ok that helps..very basic vehicle with nothing special about the antenna..it should just plug in and work.

You might have a bad pioneer..not the first time thats happened..even brand new out of the box..I install tons of those so I know.

Not to say they are any worse then others...any electronic item can have a defect for no apparent reason.

Try a test antenna or reinstall another deck..this is the easist way to verify which one is bad.

hawaiiboi 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
alright thx

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic