icon

Cold Cathodes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hotmilk400 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  
you dont need a relay .. my 14 cathodes only draw like 1 amp (they are only 1.5 watts each)  its the same almost as a floresent light.. they take next to nothing to run.. yeah..all i did was pull the power from my cig lighter (but i got way to much on it now, i have to pull form the battery) .. haha..i got my car alarm, my sub and amp, and all those light on that cig lighter circuit...  one day im going to have to put that on my battery.. but its like 10 degreese outside.. haha.. and i dont wanna freeze..  
mbaudio06 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2007 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
bellsracer wrote:

Very not bad... However I am SO jealous of you...

A Memphis 8 for only $30... Hook me up!

Memphis 8? Nowhere near a mephis, how about MA Audio

hotmilk400 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2007 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
some people have been asking me about how you go about hooking these lights up.. i bought them from a computer store, that had a 4 pin connector on the end... i simply cut that, and the small switch off .. and used the Red wire as the 12V + and the black wire as the 12V - .. if u still want to use the switch, or connector.. see where the red one changes colors after the switch, and use that wire (i think it turns yellow right? that is your knew 12V + ..  
Cold Cathodes - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Cold Cathodes - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
hotmilk400 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2007 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
for the wiring.  i have a 4gauge wire that comes right off my battery and goes to the back of my car for the amp.  i spliced into that wire for my 12V+ .. then for the 12V- i ran those wires back to my dash.. and under my radio, i have 2 switchs... one switch controls all those lights, and the other, my underbody kit.  i made it that the ground is on the switch just so i didnt have to ground those lights in like 10 spots..
and as a update, i just boungt some LED lights off a website, and i will replace the one light in my trunk (one u can not see in the picture) with LED lights.. i also bought UV LED lights for my headlights, and inside my engine area.   2 blue switchs to replace my Red ones(becasue the new radio i have interfears with the switchs.. )
firelizard 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2007 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  
What fuse is recommended for this?
I did the same thing right after reading this thread - bought the 2 12" blue CCs from Xoxide and they got here this week.
Figuring out the Molex was simple.
Yellow from the male plug is 12v positive, black are grounds (duh).
Red one from the plug is for 5v
brentfullstop 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2007 at 5:25 AM / IP Logged  
I have also just bought 2 cathodes and a switch, and i was planning on just fusing a wire from the battery, into my dash to power them. nice and simple - Battery -> switch -> cathode -> ground.   Is that all i need to worry about? or am i missing some crucial step here?
bellsracer 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2007 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
mbaudio06 wrote:

Memphis 8? Nowhere near a mephis, how about MA Audio

ROFL! >.< I guess that will be the last time I post at 2am... hazukashii >.<;

oh well... shikatta nai (can't be belped)

Never send your ducks to eagle school.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.
The 3Ls of life: Learn from the Past, Live for the Present, Look to the Future.
hotmilk400 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2007 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
you dont need really need a fuse, if you bring it off a cig lighter, but if u want, just use something super small, like 5 amps.. these lights take next to nothing to power.. 14 lights take like 1 amp or soemthing.. i forget what it was...
and there is nothing to these, just Battery -> switch -> cathode -> ground. as long as you got the colors right, its fine.. there super easy
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic