icon

Adding Amp to Factory 03 VW

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chunkdaddy00 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2006 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
Im adding a Mono amp on my 03 Jetta Factory CD/Tape Deck w/ the 8 Speaker monsoon setup.
My question is in regards to the wiring on the stock unit.   The harness has a blue lead (commonly the remote turn on lead) The lead isnt providing power to turn on the amp (amp is working fine) What has to be wired in order to get the amp to turn on?
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 08, 2006 at 5:23 AM / IP Logged  
Factory and aftermarket wire colors will almost never be the same. You need to test the wires with a multimeter to find the proper one. With the meter set to the 20v dc scale, touch the black probe to a ground, like the rim of your cigarette lighter, and the red to your suspect wire. You want the wire that provides power whenever the unit is turned on. If you cannot find this wire, you can use a wire that's switched on/off with the key (an accessory or ignition wire). Another option would be to use a line out converter that provides it's own remote output. Check www.installdr.com for a possible pinout of your connector. Be sure to verify the wires with a meter before hooking them up.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
90s civ and sub 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2007 at 3:03 AM / IP Logged  

Don't fry your brain trying to find the remote wire . . . .

The 03 Jetta's Monsoon H/U doesn't have a remote.  The (factory) amp is turned on via a voltage sensing circuit in the amplifier, itself.

90 Civic DX Hatchback- 135 amp alternator
92 Suburban - 200 amp alternator
Stereo rebirth, coming soon. . . .

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic