icon

high build primer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wotugot4me 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
THANKS for the replys,  I only asked because im limited to what I can buy in my area, I've used the aerosol filler primers but they never seem to work very well, when doing a small part i dont want to have to use my compressor and spray gun cos its not worth all the effort of getting it set up and cleaning after.  I thought it might be easier to brush on a bit of primer to fill any light scratches left over from sanding. 
xtremekustomz 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
You can brush on the polyester primer if you want to.  It is extremely thick and you have to get the can shaken before you can use it.  Also if you use a spray gun, you will want to use a tip at least 2.0 mm  Most guns come standard with a 1.4mm tip.  Also you can sand with 180 grit paper and you can usually cover over that with regular primer. 
Triple-x 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
if you want a quick easy way out get a can of SEMS high build Primer .. Its basically polyester primer in a rattle can for about 14 bucks depending on where you go .
if you have access to a compressor and a hvlp spray gun , then get you some slick sand by evercoat.
as said previously they best way to do this is with a spray gun because of the atomization. but if you have to go the cheap route , the SEMS high build WILL WORK!
and while it is possible to brush high build primer on .. i would never do that.. it would leave brush streaks and make sanding alot more in depth than need be
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic