icon

2001 chevy truck, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
polestar 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2006 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
I'm in the middle of installing a remote start unit on my wife's 2001 Chevy Silverado LS pickup, using a Scytek electronics galaxy 2000rs start unit, an Omega dbpass23, and a GM-11 t-harness. I've got 80 percent installed but the instructions on the dbpass23 don't seem to match what the starter unit is talking about. I've searched the forum but am still confused. I was hoping to have the truck buttoned up before I have to go in for knee surgery later this week and I won't be able to crawl around much for a month or so while doing the rehab.
My questions are:
1) can someone tell me where to connect the dbpass23 wires to the vehicle and/or 2000rs remote start unit?
2) can someone tell me exactly what door lock connections to make to the 2000rs and if any wire cuts or other door lock circuit alterations need to be done in order to keep the standard operation of the truck?
Any help (or sympathy) will be greatly appreciated.
Michael
au5599 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2006 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  

To connect the interface you only need 4 wires off the interface.

connect the orange wire to 12volts, black wire to ground, the brown wire to ground out while running, and purple to the purple wire at you data link connector. It is the black connecter screwed into the lower metal section of you dash. Looks like the one in the picture on the install sheet.

Brown connector at BCM (under dash under steering wheel) there is a blue wire to lock and a white wire to unlock that are the doorlocks.  In the purple connecter at the BCM there is a green wire that disarms factory alarm and a tan wire that arms it.

Street Dreams Car Club
93 GRAND CARAVAN SE / Astro
Team New York SS3-4 06 & SM3-4 07 DB Drag World Finals
2003 Chevy Suburban LT / 98 GTP
dangerousdarren 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2006 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
Omega sells great modules, but the instructions ussually suck. The instructions for thier r/s units and alarms are great, but the modules are made by another company out of Canada. You can also call thier tech line, they have really good support. the instructions above should get you all fixed up. The door locks are negative pulse, btw, and don't require any cutting. Good luck, the GM trucks aren't too bad onece you've done a few.
Darren
dangerousdarren 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2006 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
Oh yeah, make sure to hook up the white wire in the steering colum harness to an ignition output from the r/s, otherwise the transmission won't work right. I got a data sheet not long ago that didn't list the white wire on it, so make sure you hook it up.
Darren
polestar 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2006 at 7:35 AM / IP Logged  

dangerousdarren wrote:
Omega sells great modules, but the instructions ussually suck. The instructions for thier r/s units and alarms are great, but the modules are made by another company out of Canada. You can also call thier tech line, they have really good support. the instructions above should get you all fixed up. The door locks are negative pulse, btw, and don't require any cutting. Good luck, the GM trucks aren't too bad onece you've done a few.

Thanks for the input.  I was wondering about your comment about the door locks though.  The wiring diagram indicates that the doors are positive pulse.  Is that an error?  I guess I can get out the meter and check it out to be sure if there is any doubt.

Michael
polestar 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2006 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged  
[QUOTE=au5599]

To connect the interface you only need 4 wires off the interface.

connect the orange wire to 12volts, black wire to ground, the brown wire to ground out while running, and purple to the purple wire at you data link connector. It is the black connecter screwed into the lower metal section of you dash. Looks like the one in the picture on the install sheet.

Brown connector at BCM (under dash under steering wheel) there is a blue wire to lock and a white wire to unlock that are the doorlocks.  In the purple connecter at the BCM there is a green wire that disarms factory alarm and a tan wire that arms it.QUOTE]

Thanks, that should get me started (pun intended). 

Michael
splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2006 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
yea i know the unit ur using it works great and easy to use. the instruction sheet dose suck though because the first one i installed i had the dip switches backwards because that is how the pix looks. i had to give them a call and easy fix....
dangerousdarren 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2006 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
Oops, my bad. Your right, they are positive pulse(the last one I did without the multiplexing doorlocks was an 03, which is negative pulse). Sorry for the misinformation.
Darren
suburban boy 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2006 at 3:47 AM / IP Logged  
Whatever you do dont forget to install ignation 2, thats what sends power to you tranny brain...Gooduck
Suburban boy

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic