icon

04 titan, won’t start after remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gcorrea 
Silver - Posts: 436
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2006 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
im trying to help this guy out over at clubtitan.com see if any of you have any ideas on wats going on. all i can think of is having to do with the truck and not the rs. this is his quote:
I need help
My truck won't start. I was installing a remote starter yesterday, stopped last night because it was too cold, then continued on this morning. When I finished installing it, I went to test it, and it worked, but the trauck wouldn't start. So I though the battery was dead, then decided to to a jump start and nothing. Disconnected everything again, and threw 1 1/2 days worth of installation to the trash, and the truck still won't start. It tries to, but it doesn't pick up. All the accessories inside the truck works, but the truck won't start. Checked all the fuses and everything is fine. I had to change the ignition fuse on the engine, but still the d@m truck won't start. I don't know what else to do.
As far as I know there is 3 fuse boxes, 1 on the passenger side, and 2 behind the battery, all are good, even the ones on the battery terminal.
gcorrea
gcorrea 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2006 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
heres more maybe it will help:
I tried the 2 keys I have and nothing. I left the batteru charging right now, so we'll see what happens. I used a bypass with a key in it for the remote start. I tried it and it would try starting, but the engine would not kick in. I though it was the remote starter that cause the problem, so I diconected everything, like I never tried putting anything on, but still nothing. I turn the key, it cranks, but the engine won't start. If the charger doesn't help, then I don't know what else to do. The ingnition key ring is good, I poped it out a bit to put the remote starter bypass, but put everything back in.
I'm running out of options. The thing is, I never started the truck since I started installing the remote starter, so I don't know if that was the cause, or is something to do with the truck itself.
I think I do have the keysense. The ignition key ring has a bunch of wires around it.
gcorrea
gcorrea 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2006 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
and more:
This truck died the other day too, when I was installing the lights.
I didn't start the truck before I started installing the remote starter, so I don't know if the problem was already there or it happened from the remote starter. Guess I have to see what they have to say at the dealer. Mosty likely they'll charge me anything they can.
gcorrea
Uniqueauto 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2006 at 7:16 AM / IP Logged  

Sounds like he either disconnected the factory transponder ring or worse maybe even damaged it. This would cause the truck not to read the keys, giving him the problem of not being able to start the truck.

Installer/Owner
Double check twice Install once!
Wires are my Best Friends
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 11, 2006 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  
I would look more in to the blown fuse.  What caused the fuse to blow?  He obviously hooked something up incorrectly.  It's not uncommon to fry the BCM in a Nissan vehicle by making a wiring mistake, which could cause the vehicle to not start.
Kevin Pierson
splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2006 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  

i would also check the fuses or small relays under the hood. fuses dont just blow for no reason.

by the way how much dose a BCM cost?

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 11, 2006 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
$4-500 from what I've heard
Kevin Pierson
gcorrea 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2006 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
i think he got the problem fixed thanks guys:
I'm such an idiot! My installation of the remote starter was great, but I used a key that was not programed, inside the bypass module on the remote starter, so when I tried remote starting the truck, the key inside there was not recognized. Still doesn't explain the fact that none of the 3 keys worked after I removed the remote starter. So if you insert a key on your ignition and it's not programed, you'll have to tow your truck to the dealer to "re-program" the keys? Sounds like a bunch of hassle to me.
Anyway, my stupidity will cost me $150.00. No more messing with my truck's electronic stuff. I should have learned that when I installed my radio and forgot to re-connect the ABS light on the dash before I tested it, result = $99.00 to re-set the ABS. That was before I knew CT.
The sad thing is, I have a remote starter sitting in my garage that will not be able to be used.
Oh yeah, I forgot... I think this will cheer me up tomorrow when I pick-up my truck: I have a $75.00 gift certificate to get my front windows 30% tinted, Wohoooo!
L
gcorrea
au5599 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2006 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  

if that truck will not start after trying to start with an unprogrammed key then there is something really wrong.  I have never in my life seen any transponder system fully shut down just cause of an unreconized key. It will not start it may even have a few minute delay even but never do that.

Where did the 3rd key come from then? If he got it when it came from the dealer with 3 keys then it should of worked fine. Most newer cars come with 2 keys and a valet key. ALL are programmed to the vehicle.

If he told the dealer that he tried doing a remote start they probably just fixed something like a fuse or something covered under warranty and charged him for it saying it was really his fault.

Street Dreams Car Club
93 GRAND CARAVAN SE / Astro
Team New York SS3-4 06 & SM3-4 07 DB Drag World Finals
2003 Chevy Suburban LT / 98 GTP

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic