the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Installers, what do you have in your car?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
evois 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2006 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not an installer, just personally installed the compustar 2W900FMR /AS  on my 2006 evoIXMR which was nice since no shop would install a remote start on a manual transmission locally.  I just added to this thread to know what other gadgets do actual installers have and any input on the 507m and 508d.  anything else that I can add, now that I have the alarm fully installed?
gcorrea 
Silver - Posts: 436
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  
executive 3000 atv by omega, dual stage dei shock sensor and glass breakage sensor, lojack recovery system. 06 nissan titan kc.
gcorrea
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  

thepencil -  Let me know if I am wrong on that assumption...  Dude, you are wrong !!

i cant speak for anyone else, but i'm as true blue a professional installer as you'll find... plus  i'm 47 years old so i dont need my daddy to buy me anything...i'm on my hands and knees under a dash 8-9 hours a day, 6 days a week....  i take it you must work for a box store or something because most of the true professional installers i know in the business make a very good living....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
cavsfan 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
NowYaKnow wrote:
Code Alarm CA-640 w/ window rollup. Nothing crazy...
Mike
Do you have the song bird siren installed?  Do you sell Code Alarm and if so don't you get tired of all the Code bashing that goes on.  I have 2002 300m with a PC7600 with some add ons.  You just can't beat the built on features of a CA-530 and 630.
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
i am starting my own business i hope to make a vey good living like kgerry. I am excited to see what comes in the future. I am 21 years old finishing college and hope that my business will take off from there. I have a bit of business but want a lot more.
mauri197 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  
98 chevy tahoe clifford solaris g4 with blackjax activated 2 12 jl w3 old school on jl components on the doors and kenwood in dash kvt-715 kenwood qmp for the bass and highs kac-x811d and kac-x521 k40 radar detector with front laser diffuser only front on the k40, k40 and in dash came of a customers car
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
Kevin,
I thought my comment will get a few of you feather up. To be fair to you, I know you are one of the blue collar guys on this forum from reading the post you have made over the years.   I just wanted to ruffle a few feather when I saw a few people were putting in next year’s product line. Timing, I waited patiently for the “true blue professional installer” to make their post as you call it and couldn’t resist rounding them up with the weekend installer and the DIY.   You seem to be the one of a few with many posts that got caught in my round up! No bad intention here Kevin, just poking a bit of humor at the pro. on this forum. You still have my utmost respect. Installers, what do you have in your car? - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
“i take it you must work for a box store”
Unfortunately, no. I don’t believe I would last a day at a box store with my out spoken attitude. However, I think I would have to if I started my career late say at this point. There is no way to practice and learn all of the new stuff coming out without having a box store to cover your butt if you mess up. Also, I think I would probably not be hired for not having the mepc or mpce paper, some call it cert..    
“most of the true professional installers i know in the business make a very good living....”
Less true now Kevin with the addition of the boxes, those that are still doing good are able to find a niche market and doing good work as well as keeping a core of old customer.    Pop up your own place now without your core customer. You could be going from pay slip to pink slip in less time than for this post to close.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.Installers, what do you have in your car? - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  

I am waiting for a few more parts, then I will have myself a brand new Astro 502. These suckers are hard to come by.

Hey pencil...this s part of your joke .....right?     The 502 platform is at least 10 years old.....

I actually enjoyed your post.....it spoke of truth my brother....Installers, what do you have in your car? - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.

extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
Clifford intelligard 800, with smartwindows4, intellistart4, dual zone prox and omni sensor.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
thepencil wrote:

“most of the true professional installers i know in the business make a very good living....”
Less true now Kevin with the addition of the boxes, those that are still doing good are able to find a niche market and doing good work as well as keeping a core of old customer.    Pop up your own place now without your core customer. You could be going from pay slip to pink slip in less time than for this post to close.
You wouldn't guess in a million years what I make working at a "box" store. Mind you we're only a regional chain and onyl 26 stores. I believe that you make what you work, and you won't make anything if you're lazy.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic