icon

Xbox location, 2006 chrysler 300

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dkeshish 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  

Hi guys, this is a many part question. I have a 2006 chrysler 300. pioneer avic n2, 2 rear tv's, 2 amps a sub box... my avic n2 hide away unit is under the driver seat. The question is has anyone installed an xbox in one of these cars? Where would you put it? I have a 400W inverter, where would you put that? The xbox is completely modded with a 200Gig hard drive, media center to play mp3's, music videos, dvd's...  thanks all. pictures? ideas?

spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
I have lots of experience in modding xbox's and in putting them in cars.if you have the xbox still one unit, mount it in the back or under one of the seats. someway that you have access to the dvd drive (if you reloctate the dvd drive it has to be within 18"of the console) if its set up fully modded or just ftp w/ no dvd drive it can be anywhere in the cars as long as your wireless acc. work. i have flushed them into glove compartments and mounted them under seats, so wherever is best for you.If you have wireless controllers and a momentary pushbutton relocated for power ,etc then you can set something up really nice like one of my setups.I have a few pics and can email opun request. If you want PM me or email me at WrecklessModz@aol.com
rtfm
integratyper934 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  
did i catch that the dvd drive can only extend 18"? whats the reasoning? you just extend the ribbon cable right? how are most people extending them are the soldering individual wires or buying ribbon cables that work? this is good info to know
houndz805 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2006 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
I have done this before.
The reason that you cant lenghten the IDE Ribbon Cable more that 18 inches is because the individual wires are so small, they pick up noise easily, rendering transmitted data from the hard drive to the motherboard useless. Plus you will be hard pressed to find a cable that is longer than 18 inches. However, I have made my own cables that were 24 inches + in length and had no problems.
You also have to lenghten the power supply cables as well. I can't remember exactly how many but I think that there were 10 or 12 wires that you have to lenthen in the power harness. It's not hard, but cut and lenghten the wires one by one or you will end up having to double check your work pin by pin.
Good luck.
It was already broken, but I made sure it could never be fixed again.
integratyper934 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2006 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  

besides extending it where can you get the ribbon cables? is there a particular company that makes ribbon cables?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic