icon

Problem with Smoothtalker Bluetooth Kit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gerryyf 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  

I just installed a Smoothtalker Bluetooth kit with for my Motorolla Razor with antenna connection. This contol until for this system consists of an On/Off button and two arrows to turn the volume in the speaker up and down. The problem I am having is this:  when I do not put the phone in the cradle and just use the hands free bluetooth feature with the phone on my belt, I cannot cancel the call using the On/Off button. This button works fine to intiate the "SAY A COMMAND" feature, however, after the call is over pressing the button once, multiple times or even holding it down will not cancel the call. The kit did not come with any manuals so I do not know if I am doing something wrong or if the control is faulty.

Has anyone else had this problem? I went to the Smoothtalker website but they don't have user/installation manuals available for download. THanks.

gerryyf 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2007 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
Bumped this back up --- I can't believe no one else out there hasn't had this problem??
elicoleman 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
No familiar with the smoothtalker system, but some parrot kit had a similar problem the was fixed with a software update. I do not belive you can update smoothtalker like you can with parrot. You may not be able to end the call with the handsfree kit. I suggust calling the smoothtalker company and finding out. Good luck.
2003 GMC Yukon, Kenwood 815DVD w/ Nav. Memphis speakers. Kenwood 1200W Amp, Alpine 400W amp. Rear view camera, headrest monitors. Parrot CK3100
elicoleman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  

I just read their website and relized your problem. Thier kits are not bluetooth. They are hard wire kits. When you use your bluetooth head set, you are on a different system, not the hands free kit so therefor you can not control your phone throuth the hands free kit. If you need this option, you need to purchase a "Bluetooth" car kit. I install a lot of hands free kits, and I always reccomend to my customers to get bluetooth. Hard wire kits require a new cradel everytime you buy a new phone. if you change brand name phones, then you will most likly need a whole new kit.

If your phone is not blue tooth, buy a bluetooth adapter until you upgrade.  Parrot makes good kits.

2003 GMC Yukon, Kenwood 815DVD w/ Nav. Memphis speakers. Kenwood 1200W Amp, Alpine 400W amp. Rear view camera, headrest monitors. Parrot CK3100
keegan15 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know what the previous guy was reading but of course their kits are Bluetooth. They do offer straight install kits as well. The control cable will not end a call as far as I know. We have installed quite a few of these kits and this is the first time this has come up. I'm going to call their Tech Support for an answer...suggest you do the same.
elicoleman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
My bad, I found the kit you have. I just looked at their home page where it says "these kits are not bluetooth".

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic