icon

06 Corolla S Remote Start Problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigtymepcs 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
Hey can someone help please... I have a 06 Corolla S and trying to put in a remote start by my self. Its a Boa remote start (yes I know cheap piece but gets the job done i hope).
So I followed all the instructions and got all the wires connected (used T taps so that i didnt have to cut the wires since things were kind of tight). Everything appears good i probe all the wires and appear to be ok. And when i put the car into on position the doors lock as one of the features of the device.
But for some reason i can't get the remote to program. Seems everything is grounded properly and it is functioning (doors lock/unlock when key is in on and off position as mentioned) but the dang remote will not do anything... I hold down the Program button for like 10 sec as specified but nothing.
Any Idea's? would be greatful
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
Im not sure of the remote programing, but your probably not getting the brain into program mode. But I would dump the T-Taps immidiatly! even if they seem tight, trust me they arn't, and they WILL cause problems down the line!, solder everything. If you don't know how to, just practice on some scrap wire. The ttaps could possibly be part of your problem, they just give a really poor connection, especially on grounds. I would start there first...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
bigtymepcs 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
KK will try that just that it seems to be working since the doors do lock and unlock when key is turned...
Also... For my ignition its suppose to be a black and white wire... well i found it and there are 2 black and white wires both connected to like the same port on main connector (basically like one pin but two wires) do i have to hook the brains 1st ignigtion wire to both or just one of them???
(Note ... there is a second ignigtion wire but that is completely seperate)
Also just to be sure i have my door locks connected properly what type of locks are in a 06 Corolla?
Thanks again for any help
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
The 2 black and whites are the same wire, just hook your ign 1 to one of them and your 2nd ign to the 2nd ign on the car. I don't have my database for my mac, but if memory servs me they are (-) lock and unlock and they disrm and arm with unlock and lock. If im wrong someone will chime in!
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
The locks are negative pulse. Use blue/white for lock and blue / YELLOW for unlock. The unlock is 2 pulse, If the car has factory keyless the first pulse unlocks the drivers door. If it doesn't, the first pulse does nothing.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
bigtymepcs 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2007 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged  
OK thx yeah the locks and everything are correct just cant get the dang remote to program... ill try soldering the wires starting with the 2 12V wires to be sure im getting the full voltage and then check out the other ones from there...
I have been seeing a lot of posts about programming the boa Remotes and then most just say ok i got the remote to program but now have this problem but they never post how they got the remote to actually program ....
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2007 at 2:17 AM / IP Logged  
I have seen on the boas take like 45 sec to get them to program also being to close to the car sometimes would keep it from programming.  I dont understand why Dei wont send them out programmed. To test and make sure its all hooked up as far as starter just touch the WHITE/ blue to ground the same # of times you would press the start button to start it.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 07, 2007 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  
T-taps versus soldering versus not soldering is an ongoing debate..........it is entirely unnecessary to bring that debate into your problem.
One thing that's supersimple: Go directly to the brain of the remote starter. Touch your circuit tester to the various wires as they go into the brain......and test.....all of them......ground, constant, ignition, lights, etcetera.
If all of the wires test out properly at the brain, your connections are good.
And yes, for Ignition 1, all you need to do is connect to either of those two BLACK/ white wires. Since they're both jumped together at the keyswitch anyway, they'll both receive power from the remote starter, no matter which you connect to.
I am not familiar with the remote programming on the Boa units. Is it possible that the unit requires you to open the hood first? If that's the case, if no hoodpin is installed, or it's not installed correctly, it's not going to work.
Also, just so you know, anytime the Boa loses power, you're going to have to reprogram the remote, as well as the tachometer (if connected), all over again.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic