icon

RS shock sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2007 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  
A guy asked me if on his Hornet with pager LCD and RS system(can't remember the model number sorry guys) if there is a way to program, or if not set up the alarm to turn the RS off when the sensor is hit. From what I remember this is auto shut off due to the fact of the engine vibration and will set off the shock and shut down the car. But just wanted to double check.
Thanks guys!
Eclipse 8445, Kicker DS60's, Hifonics TXi4400, Eclipse SW6143DVC, and Power Acoustik LT980-2.
swerve 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  

i take it he has a seperate rs system installed correct?

if so there is going to be one wire going to the RS module to trigger it on and off. get a hold of a shock sensor, i prefer the older clifford ones p/n dei 504c, it will have 4 wires on it red, black, blue, orange. cut off the blue wire as that should be the warn away, not the full alert. find a suitable place to mount the sensor like inside the door near the handle or something, and run the wires to the rs box.

next your going to need to find the ground when armed wire from the alarm, usually an orange wire (-) 500 ma max, this is going to be the wire that tells the sensor to turn on and off. Connect the black wire to the ground when armed output. give the red wire constant power, and take the orange wire from the shock sensor and hook it up to the hood pin wire from the RS box. this will shutdown the RS when the shock sensor see's full trigger.

you have to make sure you set the shock sensor high enough that the RS engaging wont trigger it and shut it down. but not too high that you cant get it to shut off. if you want to be notified of the trigger run another wire from the orange of the shock sensor to a hood pin or door trigger anything that is negative pulsed, make sure to diode isolate it.  although if something is strong enough to trigger that sensor it should trigger the built in one to the hornet alarm. This is all on the assumption that the hornet lcd system does not have RS built in and is using an add-on RS box. if it is built into the alarm all you would need to do is tap the full alert wire from the shock sensor and connect it to any negative trigger using diodes. this only applies if the shock sensor is not on-board, but from what i remember most hornets had them built in. so you might have to use the above.

there may be other ways to do it, not sure cuz i dont know the model of alarm your working with. anyways hope that wasn't too hard to read, hope it helps!

git yer swerve on!
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
The customer has the LCD screen, so it is the Hornet 564T (alarm and starter)
The shock sensor is off when you remote start/ ignition is on.
The range to the hornet is not that good anyways, if you are going to remote start, you will be in view of your car.
No need to go fancy and wire up relays to get what the customer is trying to achieve.
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic