the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Home theater sub?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rboutin2 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  

Sup guys? I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a $250 or under 12" powered home theater sub that has some boom to it. I want good bass for movies, but I want really good bass for my music. I listen to a lot of rap, so it has to be able to boom. It doesn't have to be a 12",  but it is preferred. Thanks in advance for your help!

Disturbin' Tha Peace
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
Not much out there for that kind a price....unless you can buy wholesale!  Typically anything you buy in that price range......gonna be "not so good"
hinge817 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2007 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged  
i found an RCA powered 12" sub at radio shack. it was right around 250 if i remember. sounds pretty damn good with my paradigm surround spkrs. plenty of bass for me. plus its adjustable which makes it kinda nice.
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2007 at 2:09 AM / IP Logged  
Try www.partsexpress.com They usually have something on sale monthly.
2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
irenicus87 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2007 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
I would definitely go for the JBL 12" subwoofer model "SUB 12". It's a 300W continuous front-firing subwoofer. I've been blasting the one at work at top volume for about 3 hours a day, 5 days a week, for several months and it sounds amazing. The only subwoofer I really like more is the Down-firing Klipsch Synergy 12", but that's twice the price and not worth the extra cost. The JBL 12" can be found online as cheap as $229+shipping, just check pricegrabber for it.
sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2007 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  

I am running two Arc audio tens in a custom box and an old school harmon kardon 2 channel tube amp on loan from my future uncle in law who has been teaching in japan for the last two years. If he does not want it back I am going to fabricate a coffee table that incorperates the subs and amp.

If that isn't an option for you then I agree with the JBL suggestion. I have a friend that has one of those. It scares his cats. If that isn't quality I don't know what is!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic