icon

06 Altima Python881 trunk pop problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
NYDesi80 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2007 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  

Thank You so much guys for the quick response, I guess it comes down to it can be done and basically he doesnt want to do it for the price.  I just wish he did it properly when we discussed the install but whatever its a minor qualm I guess I'm going to have to live with.  I'll try to get him to do it, but he might ask me for more loot which I dont know I guess its not worth it for something so minor. 

There was also another problem with the remote starter on this install where it would start but then 10 seconds later it would shut off and then restart again over and over again for about 3x and then just stop all together.  This problem was intermittent and so he basically did some work around where now I do not get the audible beep that you would normally hear, after remote starting the car and pressing the brake pedal to disengage the alarm. 

Minor issues but I guess I got a good deal and this is what happens when you bargain shop.  Quality isn't always good, with my other 2 cars I didnt have these problems but I did pay considerably more.  I paid $430 installed for a Python 881xp with backup battery and glass sensor, which was a deal in my market.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 14, 2007 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
Thats NOT a bad price at all....
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2007 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
factory alarm disarm with ch.2 (trunk pop) is defaulted to on in the programming menu of the python. all the installer had to do was hook up the factory alarm disarm wire (lt. GREEN/ black) to the door module and you shouldn't have any problems.
Factory Alarm Disarm      WHITE/ blue       -       driver door module in door, pin 5
Notes: Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder.
Single pulse on this wire will disarm the factory alarm, and double pulse will unlock the doors.
On vehicles with left front only power window anti-pinch system, this wire is found at the BCM to the right of the fuse box, pin 7.
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
I wired up the factory disarm wire on my wife's 05 altima and have no problems whatsoever when popping the trunk. But I also know of another easy solution for cars (not just altimas) with this problem. You can wire in a relay in the trunk on the trunk pop wire directly before the solenoid. You can wire it up just like negative reversal doorlocks, but with just one relay.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic