icon

Astrostart 4204U

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tbjoe 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged  
I run my own car stereo business and have some friends that had an Astrostart 4204U installed in their 2004 Toyota Sequoia by another shop in town a year ago. This shop did not hook up the factory alarm disarm wire. I do not carry Astrostart, I carry Scytek and Crimestopper, so I do not have access to the Astrostart manuals. I looked at the unit tonight to see if I can find the pin that sends a negative pulse before the unit goes into remote start mode...couldn't find one. If someone could tell me which wire Astrostart calls the "factory disarm" wire it would be greatly appreciated. They have already taken it back to the shop where it was installed and they told them it was setting off the alarm because it was too cold when they remote started the truck. I said if I couldn't get the answer for them and fix it myself, I would go to this shop with them and help them get if fixed. Thanks in advance!
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 3:34 AM / IP Logged  
if its a 4204, the "pulse before start" will be the brown wire. You can actually use any of the 4 programmable outputs that the remote starter has: brown, WHITE/ blue, purple, or white and program it for "pulse before". By default, the brown wire is automatically setup and programmed for the "pulse before" also known as disarm. On a side note...the alarm going off by cold weather??? Never heard such a thing...wow.
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
tbjoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 4:11 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks, all those wires are not hooked up on this unit. The installer cut them off about 4" from the brain and left them exposed. They are easily accessible thankfully. I was suprised by the response they got from this shop, especially after paying almost $500.00 for the thing.
By the way, is the programming done with the dip switches or through the remote? Like I stated before, I do not have the install manual for this RS.
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  
The dipsfor the brown wire output 1, switch 3 up , hit the brake pedal, put all switches down then hit the brake pedal... Hmm 500 thats a pretty fair price for that, but I can't belive they got that type of response from the shop.. Most Astro dealers are know their stuff pretty good... Things that make ya go hmmmm....
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
hmmmmmm
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
tbjoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2007 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  
Just got done doing the fix. I took the brown wire and added a length of wire to it and attached that to the unlock wire coming out of the brain. It didn't work at first, but after I did the programming with dips, it worked like a charm. Thanks everyone for your help.
Joe
*theone* 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
just curiuos if the doors unlocked with the disarm when the vehicle was remote started?
tbjoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
They might have, but if they did it was really quick. The unit was set up to lock after remote start. After it was running, I grabbed the handle and it was locked. Maybe the pulse was just strong enough for the car's computer to pick it up, but not strong enough to unlock the doors?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic