icon

on-off to constantly on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
silverado42000 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
ok i have this old alarm thats extremely loud, like it can bring you to your knees, got it from an cop friend of mine, well i want to use it with my alarm system but my alarm the way it works is it sends power in waves so the horn goes on-off-on-off and so forth but i want to make it where i can have just constant power to the alarm but i dont know how to do this, if anyone has a way please help me out, i really want this thing hooked up, i mean come on, who wouldn't want somthing that if it was set off it would bring the offenser down to his knees, so then you could come up and beat the crap out of him for messing with your ride
on-off to constantly on - Last Post -- posted image.
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2007 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
okay, your current output is pulsed, instead of constant.
If your alarm has the option of changing it to constant output, then use this. (you never stated the alarm so i dont know if it has this option or not)
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
brhaugen 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2007 at 6:11 AM / IP Logged  
There is a diagram in the relays tech section that turns a pulsed into a constant using a relay, resistors and a cap. I have not tried it but it should work.
jaxzin 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  

silverado42000 wrote:
ok i have this old alarm thats extremely loud, like it can bring you to your knees, got it from an cop friend of mine, well i want to use it with my alarm system but my alarm the way it works is it sends power in waves so the horn goes on-off-on-off and so forth but i want to make it where i can have just constant power to the alarm but i dont know how to do this, if anyone has a way please help me out, i really want this thing hooked up, i mean come on, who wouldn't want somthing that if it was set off it would bring the offenser down to his knees, so then you could come up and beat the crap out of him for messing with your ride

https://www.the12volt.com/images/turninglights.gif

dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2007 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
Consider the prior post on this pulsed to steady circuit.
Using a 10,000 uF cap is a really brute force way to go about it; if you have trouble working with electronics, maybe you can try to find someone that could wire the transistor circuit for you, it'd be smaller and cheaper. The big cap also pulls a big current surge through the diode when it first kicks on, since it's effectively like a short to ground.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic