Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mbaudio06 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2007 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  

Prestige APS620

2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Diesel.

I am using a DEI 1700g. Are these units hard to use? I dont see the tech sheet on directech.com.  Also i have the Prestige APS620 and it doesnt say anything about Diesel operation. Also how do i go about the tach? I know i have to tap into the glowplugs. Do i hook up the tach wire to the glowplug?

Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2007 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
Dont knoow anbout the DEI units, no you don't have to tap the glow plug ckt. the duramax glow plugs heat up way fast. just set a timer unit if you want. I set them as just like a gas engin, no delay unless the customer requests it. Get your tach at the white wite behind the cluster and set for a reduced RPM (600) or do.. and NO don't hook the tach to the glow plug!
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
mbaudio06 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2007 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  

Gotcha ya on the tach wire. This is what im thinking, let me know if its wrong or if you would change anything.

I have an aux output: Pulsed Ground Output Before Start.

:...provides a 1sec 250mA pulsed ground output 1.5 secs before the RS unit activates as well as when the transmitter is used to disarm the system."

I figure hook this up the the Chevys dk blue wait to start wire?

Will this work

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 17, 2007 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Hymer....them DEI units.....you can't reduce the tach threshhold....come on man.2003 Silverado 2500 Diesel - Last Post -- posted image.
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2007 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
LIke I said ya dont really need it on the duramax. The whole point behind the glow plug dingus is when it shoots a ground to the wts input on the rs, the rs wont start up before the glow plug is heated. If you shoot a ground from the rs it wont do anything other than shoot a ground to a OUTPUT Indicator wire on the dash, thus not warming the glow plugs just lighting a stupid light..... I wouldnt even worry about it. hook up your rs and get it to start the truck. when you fire it up just look and see if it starts befotre the wts light goes out. it takes like 3 sec for the rs to do its thing and the wts lite will go out in less than a second on most chevs...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 17, 2007 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
Dingus....2003 Silverado 2500 Diesel - Last Post -- posted image.
advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  

I just did one of these. You don't have to hook up to glow plugs or WTS wire. I would just set the programming to Diesel, instead of Gas, & have it wait 20 seconds to start. That's what I do on Audiovox units. But you can set it for 10 or 15 seconds also. I wouldn't go below 15 seconds in the North East or Midwest or Canada. It can get very cold up here.

Good Enough Isn't!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic