icon

95 Ext Cab Ranger, system?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lowon18s 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2007 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  

Alright guys, ive had this ranger for a while now and im just not getting around to puttin some money into it. Its a 95 Ext cab ranger(as in my sig), and it doesnt look like what i said in the sig. Right now im puttin it back together and getting her painted black. I have the drop and everything else, now im looking for a nice system to put in it. So i was looking around and seems like you all know alot about the car audio. I know a little bit due to my dad being into them when he was my age(18). But anyways onto my questions...

What would u consider a good head unit? Have you seen the new solobarics, the round ones? Has anyone heard them yet. My buddy gets some pretty good deals on Kicker stuff. Im thinking of going with the new kickers or the 15" Kicker CVR's. I will be building my own box and all that good stuff. Im looking to DB's and some SQ just to make it sound right. What would u suggest and why? Any help is appreciated! thanks

Justin

95 Ext Cab Ranger
Black
4/6 drop
18" Black Bullits
Soon to have Bangin' System
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2007 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like you are pretty set on kicker in your mind. Give as much information as you can so we can try and help you. Sounds to me like you are doin a nice little dropped truck? Are you doing a fiberglass bedcover? where do you want the subs? in the backseat area or possibly a bed installation with a cut through? also... of upmost importance... sealed or ported?
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
lowon18s 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2007 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
Well its an exted cab, this is why i got it, so i could put a system in it without doing a cut through. So yes i want it in the back seat. Im going to be making a box to take up the whole back area, but to where i can lean the seats and all that good stuff, it will also be built to the specs for the subs i do get. Im most likely going to go sealed. ive only heard kicker subs in a ported box... sounds pretty good, but like i said im looking to be loud and hit some nice DB's! Dont know if i should do ported or sealed. Im looking into a Pioneer CD player and all the componets in the truck now are pioneer. I have a clarion equlizer. So now im just looking for some subs and a amp. I will have a little more info on the speakers i want in a little bit. Maybe i can get a little more info on what i should do to make it hit...
95 Ext Cab Ranger
Black
4/6 drop
18" Black Bullits
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
Ported is the only way to go if you are looking for DBs. and as you said you liked the way they sounded, I assume you are happy with the quality on the vented box (which is good95 Ext Cab Ranger, system? - Last Post -- posted image. ) because that is probably what you should do if you want the big DBs. Vented boxes take up alot more air space, which I dont think should be a problem unless you are trying to run more than 3 good sized subs in the back of that ranger.
How many watts are you thinking of doing for these subs?
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
lowon18s 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
I really dont know how many watts to run to them... My friend has the 2 15" L7's and he has like 150watts to each speaker and they hit pretty hard, i can hear him coming before he gets to my house. But i really dont know im looking to get info on what speakers to get and watts and all that good stuff.
95 Ext Cab Ranger
Black
4/6 drop
18" Black Bullits
AJRXtreme 
Silver - Posts: 302
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
Your friend is only putting 150 watts to each 15" L7?? Those subs can take at least 1000 wrms each! Man if u think u could hear him comin down the road now just wait until he puts a 2500.1 to that and a high output alternator.  Anyways back to your system....I think you should go with 4 15" compvrs ported walled off right behind you. If you only go with 2 then your just gonna always be wondering what those 4 sound like. 
03 F150 on 24's
HU:Pioneer DVD5700
Frt:MC57
Subs:(12)S12L7
Amps:(3)KX2500.1's, MC-2004
lowon18s 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  

ok so far this is what ive got in mind...

2 - 15" Kicker CVR's, Sealed Box, Rockford Forsgate P650.2 amp for subs, Pioneer head unit, Pioneer 3 ways, and some tweeters(will have amp for mids and highs), and a clarion eq...

ill have about 325 watts going to each sub the way im going to wire it up . the box ive got in mind will have about 4 cu. ft for each speaker. LMK if u would recommend anything else... should be ordering the subs and amp next week.

95 Ext Cab Ranger
Black
4/6 drop
18" Black Bullits

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic