icon

Pay A Pro!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djdowdell 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2007 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  

Here's a prime example of why you pay a pro! This girl bought some equipment from the shop I work in to have her brother install it. I asked her has he ever done it before and he blurted out "I know what I'm doing I been doing it for awhile on my buddies cars!" I said "OK, if you have any questions or problems come back and see us." Well, a week later she did. Her car battery kept dying when it sat overnight. We got it and her brother hooked the yellow wire for the cd changer to the remote turn on for the amp so the amp was constantly on!! Well, she had to pay for a proper installation AND diagnostic fee.

Pay A Pro! - Last Post -- posted image.

Pure Noize
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  
lol wow that is by far one of the worst jobs that I have ever heard/seen about. Well I bet he got a mouthfull from her after paying for the fix!
Eclipse 8445, Kicker DS60's, Hifonics TXi4400, Eclipse SW6143DVC, and Power Acoustik LT980-2.
swerve 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
its just like the people that say i used to install awhile back....yadayadayada then you get a call later that day asking how much you charge for install and then the customer gets wized that we charge a little extra for an uninstall fee and normal install cuz we dont trust whatever they have already done. and were not even charging the 60 dollar diagnostic fee on top of all that.
git yer swerve on!
warpedimage3 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2007 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
I work in Cherry Hill, which is only about 15 - 20 mins from Camden.  Im sure you all have heard of Camden, NJ, the murder capital of the United States.  About 1 out of 3 of our jobs are uninstalling, reinstalling and troubleshooting problems customers have because they let their "boys" install it for them.  Of course this makes a good amount of money but it gets frustrating sometimes, I have seen some pretty horrifying installs.
djdowdell 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2007 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I deal with it on a daily basis....sometimes i feel like the clean up man lol!
Pure Noize
sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2007 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  

As I always say  "Friends don't let Friends install their audio equipment".

I am sure that everone loves "amature hour". The hour right before it gets dark where every other phone call starts off with I connected everything right but... and then they expect for you to provide them with free advice. I have no problems with do it yourselfers, but when I am working the only free advice i give is to check out the 12volt.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic