icon

Clarion MAX675, fiber optic out?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
halo13 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2007 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
Is there anyone out there that would know if the fiber optic out on this head unit is always on or only when you hook up the Clarion DVH940N? See i would much rather use my Alpine PXA-h701 instead of the clarion dsp because there is much more tune-ability with the alpine. I want to just run a fiber optic cable from my MAX675 to my Alpine PXA-H701. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Also on the same subject, if the fiber optic is on, is there an adapter to go from a toslink sqaure plug to the round fiber optic out on the MAX675? Also all this is being done for a SQ setup.
Garage Installer
nubiannupe 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2007 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
halo13 wrote:
Is there anyone out there that would know if the fiber optic out on this head unit is always on or only when you hook up the Clarion DVH940N? See i would much rather use my Alpine PXA-h701 instead of the clarion dsp because there is much more tune-ability with the alpine. I want to just run a fiber optic cable from my MAX675 to my Alpine PXA-H701. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Also on the same subject, if the fiber optic is on, is there an adapter to go from a toslink sqaure plug to the round fiber optic out on the MAX675? Also all this is being done for a SQ setup.
IIRC, I believe the fiber optic output is on all the time. We've only just put in a couple here at my shop, but the info I get is from the rep.
As for the adapter you're looking for, I think I saw one like that in a Radio Shack catalog not too long ago. I was searching for an adapter to run my PS2 to my home stereo and ran across that.   Might wanna check there.
G. Rick (aka; Tha "R")
**Peter North is my idol***
MECP-Certified 1st Class Installer
halo13 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2007 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the locate on the adapter, I will deffinately go get one of those. Is there anyone with a deffinative answer on the fiber out one these though? To get all the cables and adapters would be a pretty good bit of money to just throw away.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic