icon

2003 lincolns ls, python 990

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
03lincls 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2007 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
i just got a python 990 remote start security system installed in my 2003 lincoln ls with a v6 and an automatic transmission.  The first thing that is worng with it is that the alarm say someone is trying to open the door and goes off about every 3 hours while it sits in my drive way, so i'm bringing it back to circuit city to have them check that.  The most important problem that i'm hving is that the remote start just warms the engine up, but doesnt turn the heat on or hte heated seats or anything like that. the manual says that the defroster can be started from the remote, but this combination does not work.  Is there anyway taht i can check to see whats wrong here? I really dont have much knowledge of car security systems, but i could figure it out if it isnt htat big of a problem.  I'm planning on bringing it back to circuit and having thme see whats wrong, but when i go in there it seems like they say i need another module thats gonna cost me another $100 so i figured i would ask here and see if there really is a need for another module or there is something that they didnt hook up oroperly. Any help would be appreciated, like things i could suggest them to check etc...
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2007 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
they probably used a domelight instead of individual door triggers (nothing wrong with that, just didn't do it right)
Dome Supervision      BLACK/ blue       -       FEM, 20 pin plug, pin 12
Notes: The FEM (Front Electronic Module) is in the driver kick panel.
This wire may cause the aftermarket alarm to false when the vehicles electrical system shuts down. Use a relay to isolate it.
and for the blower motor not working they most likely didn't power up all the ignition and/or accessory wires
Ignition      GREEN/ black       +       ignition harness

Accessory      pink/white and pink / YELLOW       +       ignition harness
Second Accessory      yellow       +       ignition harness
another-kelly 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2007 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
probably gonna have extra chrages for the heated seats and rear defroster. souldn't need any parts other than a few relays
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2007 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah sounds like you need a relay to isolate the door trigger, and a relay to power up the extra accessories. They will probably charge for the relays at a minimum. Not sure if they will charge for the labor since it is their problem. Also if you want the defroster hooked up they need to run a wire into the trunk which will probably cost for the labor as well.
Mike
03lincls 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
first off, thanks for all the quick repsonses and information, it blows me away how much info is on this site. So here's an update. I took it back to circuitcity and told them what was wrong with it and specifically told him that he needed to isolate the door trigger and hook up teh accessory wires to the ignition wire. He siad ya ya ya he already knew all this, so my repsonse was "why didnt you do it in the first place" and he shut up quickly after that. So i got my car back last night and i start it up this morning and the blower still doesnt come on, even though i told him that was what i wanted connected. So what makes it even better is its 4 degrees out this morning and i turn the car on and i have NO heat. I dont know what he did but the system just blows out cold air, there is no heat at all. I tried turning the system off and turning it back on a few times, but still nothing and the engine was sufficeintly warmed up at the time. I dont know what he could have done that made my heat not work now, do you knows know? i'm taking it back tonight to have him fix the situation with the heat and hte blower not beign connected to the remote start, but im starting to get fed up wtih circuit city claiming they know what they're doing and just never fixing a problem.
Scott35 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
Go back and talk to the Road Shop manager.
Tacomacrew
tbone587 
Copper - Posts: 167
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
They probably only powered up the one ignition output, and two out of the three accessory wires that are present...  They are going to require a relay to power up that third accessory wire, because the remote start doesnt provide the output for that.  They were probably too lazy to hook all three wires up, so they hoped the ones they did hook up were correct..   I also had another question for you.  I just looked up the diagram for your car and it looks like to interface the parking lights required a lot of work and two extra relays.  When you hit lock/unlock do your parking lights flash?  If not they didnt hook that up either.
03lincls 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  

tbone587 wrote:
They probably only powered up the one ignition output, and two out of the three accessory wires that are present...  They are going to require a relay to power up that third accessory wire, because the remote start doesnt provide the output for that.  They were probably too lazy to hook all three wires up, so they hoped the ones they did hook up were correct..   I also had another question for you.  I just looked up the diagram for your car and it looks like to interface the parking lights required a lot of work and two extra relays.  When you hit lock/unlock do your parking lights flash?  If not they didnt hook that up either.

yes tbone they did hook up the parking brake lights, it cost me $30 a piece for the relays and another $30 for labor just to get them hooked up. They fixed everything on the car and it all seems to be working right now. Thanks for your help, i'm still amazed at the wealth of knowledge on this site. Thanks for all your help guys.

another-kelly 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
speaking of wealth of knowledge. . .$30 a piece for relays? wow!!! i thought we were expensive with $15 a piece
03lincls 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
yea, but i didnt have a choice it was pay that or go no where so i d did it was less hastle then running around looking for someone to install it

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic