icon

BMW door lock wiring mystery

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kbert777 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2007 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  

Can somebody please help me make some sense out of this Chinese wiring diagram that came with an Inwells Auto Security System 3205B. The primary wiring is no problem, what has me confused is the that there are no instructions for the power door locks, just 6 wires in the top of the diagram labeled 'Layout graph of central control lock' with the colors orange, white (with in-line fuse), yellow, ORANGE / black, WHITE/ black (no in-line fuse), yellow/black.

I am trying to install this alarm into an '88 BMW Si, here is a link to vehicle diagram:

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/detail.asp?info=alarm&year=1988&make=BMW&model=325&ID=2270&type=Alarm

The manufactures website is no help, just responses in the same style, no details on internal wiring. This is the only documentation that came in the box.

Thank you very much in advance,

Klaus

the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2007 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  

NO = Normally Open

NC = Normally Closed
C = Common

On an SPDT relay

87 = Normally Open
87a = Normally Closed
30 = Common

https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/doorlocks.asp

BMW door lock wiring mystery - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
kbert777 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2007 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  
the12volt wrote:

NO = Normally Open

NC = Normally Closed
C = Common

On an SPDT relay

87 = Normally Open
87a = Normally Closed
30 = Common

https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/doorlocks.asp

Ok, that makes perfect sense. Just a few other questions.

What could be the switch logic? I one relay activated with the lock button and the other one with the unlock button? Also, do I have to add external relays or is it safe to assume that the alarm module is constructed with internal relays that can handle the current of BMW's factory lock system?

Thanks,

Klaus

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 24, 2007 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  

Your unit has "built in" door lock relays. I would love to help you more, BUT....you need to post the year and series of you Beemer. 

BMW door lock wiring mystery - Last Post -- posted image.

bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2007 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  

i am assuming that you are working on an '88 325si. regardless, BMW have a central locking system and not really a "power door lock" system. this means that rather than having a switch on the console or on the driver's door to lock and unlock the doors everything works off the driver's door. this means that when you lock and/or unlock the driver's door all other doors lock/unlock including the gas flap and the trunk. i personally opt for doing this the easy way which is adding an aftermarket door actuator in the driver's door. this generally needs 1 actuator and a pair (2) relays. wire the relays as you would for adding power door locks and then run the wiring into the driver's door to activate the aftermarket actuator. this will simplify your situation and running wiring into the door one time isn't that bad and you are really replicating what the car is used to anyway. good luck and hope this helps.

"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-
kbert777 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

Your unit has "built in" door lock relays. I would love to help you more, BUT....you need to post the year and series of you Beemer. 

BMW door lock wiring mystery - Last Post -- posted image.

I am trying to install this into an '88 BMW 325iS, sorry for messing that up in the original post. What has me puzzled is that some of the literature points to installing an extra actuator into the drivers door, like necessary in early Nissan vehicles, and some don't. I went out this morning and tried to unlock the drivers door with the trunk lock and the drivers door opens and closes correctly when the trunk lock is moved. So I guess I am safe to assume that the drivers door has a functional actuator.

I am really not sure if the alarms internal relays are big enough to handle the current of the original locking system, maybe somebody can speak from experience here. I am also not sure how those relays are usually addressed, does the unlock button address one relay and the lock button addresses the other? I would assume this to be the correct way but have not gotten around to power the alarm up and do some testing.

Thanks in advance,

Klaus

jihadmatar 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2007 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  

hello,

i am looking for some info on 1999 a4 2.8 quattro wiring diagram to find the main wire that goes from the vacuum pump to the door switch. it should show 12 v when can unlocked and 0 when locked. i am installing a XS-900S remote start combo. and i have problem with the door lock part because its a vacuum type.

please get me in the right direction if you can.the location and color of that wire will be great.

email is: jihadmatar@yahoo.com

cutter1122 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2007 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  

direct ground

LockRED / GrayDriver's kick panel or door boot
-

UnlockGray/WhiteDriver's kick panel or door boot
-

ArmArms With Lock

DisarmDisarms with Unlock

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2007 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks I already replied to this post then saw your reply! Incidentally holding lock wire gives total close.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic