icon

Radar Sensor & Chirping Siren

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
martiale 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2007 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  

Need recomendation on a soft chirping small size siren, what brands and models are available. Thinking to wire the radar sensor to this siren so it will only emit soft chirp instead of activating the alarm. Is this doable or complicated?

'99 BMW E36 M3 Coupe
bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
are you wanting an extra siren for inside the vehicle? is that what you are wanting recommendations on? btw, i wish i had an m3 :( . i wrecked an m3 one time and then i was sad.
"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-
martiale 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  

I'm looking for a type of buzzer (which is not as powerfull as siren) to be wired with the proximity (radar) sensor. Every time that radar sensor triggers it will alert via this small buzzer only. Most likely it will be mounted somewhere into engine comartment. I have BMW factory alarm and it does not have chirping option as warn away so I don't think radar sensor can be wired into this alarm. Will radar sensor work this way?

'99 BMW E36 M3 Coupe
Strykrincognito 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  

You could wire the momentary output of your Proximity Sensor to a Variable Timer (Peripherial's VT3 for example, or design your own) of some sort, and then have that timer fire a relay that activated a piezoelectric buzzer.

The result would be a BUZZ of predetermined length.

Angel
Lone Technician
Percussive Therapy: The art of executing applied force directly to an object accurately in an effort to remedy the problem at hand.
martiale 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  

1. Is PAC TR-7 good fir this? 

2. What will  happen if I just wire the radar sensor's trigger wire directly to the alarm siren, will it provide plenty of power to chirp the alarm siren?

'99 BMW E36 M3 Coupe
Strykrincognito 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2007 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  

The PAC TR-7 seems like it would do the trick.  Here's the company's statement on that though:

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/productsCatagory.asp?mmSearch=Trigger%20Modules

(Note that it does say that it is primarily designed to work with backup cameras, and that they don't warranty anything not purchased/installed through an authorized dealer)

Don't know the answer to the siren Interface question.

Angel
Lone Technician
Percussive Therapy: The art of executing applied force directly to an object accurately in an effort to remedy the problem at hand.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic