icon

Car won't RS when very cold sometimes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2007 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
i will concur with the problem being the battery. I typically work on brand new vehicles since I work at a dealership. Hondas and Chryslers mostly. I have had numerous 07 Accords do this. Very common if the saleman is showing features to a new customer in the car at the purchase time after the RS was installed and they leave the doors open for a hour or two. The remote starter just clicks. The car starts "ok" with they key, but you can tell the battery isn't where it should be as far as power goes. Put a charger on it, BAM, starts right up with the RS. I'd be about 90% sure that its your battery. Living in ND, it is currently -9 degrees with a -27 degree wind chill...THATS COLD....and remote starters are still functioning properly here, given the battery is good.
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2007 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone have any experience with the Autocraft Silver (# 251) battery from Advance Auto Parts? Seems like a decent little battery, and it's only $55. Again, my car is almost 15 years old, so I don't want anything really fancy. I called Sears and they're cheapest was the $75 Diehard weatherhandler. Consumer Reports seems to like Autocraft, only this model isn't listed. I always find that annoying that what they rate high and what you find in the store are two different things.
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2007 at 6:45 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, I thought I had it all figured out...but it did it again (twice).
I replaced the battery last Friday. Yesterday morning and this morning were about 10-15 degrees in the morning, and the car had been sitting overnight for about 14 hours. Went to remotely start it, and got nothing....just a click. The car started fine (with a slight delay) with the key, though.
I'm wondering since I only have a 10 minutes commute, and then the car sits pretty much all day and then all night after I drive home, maybe it's just not enough to charge the battery.
ArgCar won't RS when very cold sometimes - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
kaezoo 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2007 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
Just for troubleshooting, try re-programming the unit for voltage sense, and see if it makes a difference. You may have a problem with your tach connection.
soultinter 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2007 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
DUDE!!!  your starter is about to take a crap!!!!!   its classic, slowly but surely it will click and not start more and more until finally you will have to bang on it w a hammer to get it to start, but if you were smart you would just replace it now. it's SHOT!!  i hope the solenoid is attached so you can get both at once.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic