icon

painting engine cover

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2007 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  

Good Morning gentlemen, I was wondering if anyone has accomplished this project before.  Have anyone of you you guys painted one of the newer plastic engine covers, you new those P.O.S. cheapy covers the manufacturers are puttin on the cars now??  I was wondering if this was possible and what kind of primer and paint you guys would recommend.  If anyone can give some details on how to do this in a short step by step I'm sure I can go from there and figure it out with that info and what primer and paint, if any to use.

Thanks!

Eclipse 8445, Kicker DS60's, Hifonics TXi4400, Eclipse SW6143DVC, and Power Acoustik LT980-2.
firelizard 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2007 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
I would scuff it with a prep pad and sanding paste, give it a coat of adhesion promoter, a light coat of single stage primer of your choice, then the paint of your choice. (this is what I did when I painted the plastic trim on my car)
ricoshay 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
^cosign on that process.  Make sure the paint can withstand the heat...and you owe us pics when you're done!painting engine cover - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic