icon

system not as loud w/new hu, amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
el115 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  

my deck is a pioneer and my amp is a sound storm labratory f2600 two channel with 1200 watts hooked up to 2 12" alpine type rs. it was louder when i had a duel deck and a 750 watt pionner amp. did i wire something wrong or how would i be able to make the bass hit more so people outside of my car can hear it?

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
Soundstorm amps are, to put it nicely, "very over-rated."  You are probably getting closer to 200 watts than 1200.
Support the12volt.com
j_darling2007 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
The decks may have different output voltages on the line level outputs. If so you may need to reset your gains. However, I agree with DYohn the the Soundstorm amps are "very overrated", so you may be as loud as you can go without clipping.
There are 3 kinds of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't
el115 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2007 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  
i also have a pioneer 760 watts. so do u think its better to run the speakers off that
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 04, 2007 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
yes
c3 customs 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2007 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
If you want to use Sound Storm try there one of there new monoblocks , they have completely revamped all of their amplifier lines because as DYohn stated they are known to be very over rated. But they have fixed most of the over rated problems with 07' line.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic