icon

subaru legacy wagon, fiberglass panel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
adiddy29 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
hi everyone. been reading the forums for a few weeks now and have got a fair idea of how to make a fibreglass sub box etc but i have a subaru legacy wagon and on the back door is an interior panel (duh). What i want to do is fabricate a fibreglass panel to replace the original one to house three subs in a rowsubaru legacy wagon, fiberglass panel - Last Post -- posted image. any help would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. i want the subs to be coming out from the panel not just flat
"Go on, treat yourself. I like to dunk mine then suck off the chcolate"
maglin 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
how heavy? serious.
those mounts for that plastic panel are for just that. a plastic panel. not a wood frame with plex and heavy speakers.
you MIGHT have to weld braces and bolting point tabs in. *shrugs*
anyways. on to hte fun stuff.
for bolting points. i'd weld tabs sticking out along the perimeter of the area. the back of the box would have slots in it, which those tabs would slide into, then be bolted on through the side. hides the tabs. that of course will have to be a frame reinforced with metal connection points, cause the wood would just rub and deterioate.
from there, i'd build a back panel w/ glass, following hte contour of the back area without the panel on there. once its dry, remove it, mount your speakers are the perfered angle, with a 4 sided frame for your amp and so forth and so on.
the rest is simple enough - cover glass and drill out them connection points. bondo, sand sand sand, red gold, sand, primer and paint.
use the existing wiring harness to bring the speaker cables in and use a molex connection or something like it behind hte box. you connec the wires, push them into the door, and push the box on. hides the wires completely.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic