icon

2002 chevy impala crimestopper rs1704tw

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tbird2340 
Copper - Posts: 363
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
Installing a RS-1704TW2 in a 02 Impala using a GMBP bypass.. Any tips / tricks for this vehicle would be great..
His ignition is on his dash. I have to remove the radio correct? Is it extremely tight to get to them? Also, I'm unsure how to hook up the locks. It has a 1 wire system and I'm using a 451M to interface..
The parking lights are negative. Am I OK to just jumper my RS unit to negative and hook it up or do I need to do something else?
Any other tips would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
11 Pin Connector
Pin 1: Yellow/White: (-) Horn Chirp/Honk Output - Black - Pin B5 on C1 connector at BCM
Pin 2: Black: Main System Ground – Ground
Pin 3: Yellow/Black: (-) Ignition Output – Brown of GMBP
Pin 4: Brown: (-) Aux Output (Trunk Pop) – Black @ Trunk Release Switch
Pin 5: Green: (-) Start Activation Input, – N/A
Pin 6: Gray: (-) Negative Hood Pin Switch – N/A
Pin 7: Pink: Negative Or Positive Diesel Glow Plug – N/A
Pin 8: Purple: (+12V) Brake Reset – White @ Brake Pedal
Pin 9: ORANGE / Black: (-) Oem Disarm Output – Lt Green - Pin B3 on Gray C3 connector at BCM.
Pin 10: Orange: (-) Oem Rearm Output – N/A
Pin 11: RED / White: Tachometer Input – White @ Ignition Coil
7-Pin Connector
Brown: +12V Starter Output 30A: - Yellow @ IGN Harness
Gray: +12V Accessory Output 30A: - Orange @ IGN Harness
(2) Red: +12V Power Input Wires (30A Fused): - Red @ IGN Harness
Pink: +12V Ignition Output 30A: - Pink @ IGN Harness
Pink/White: +12V Multi-Function Output 30A (Jumper Selectable): Ignition 2 Dark Green @ IGN Harness
White: +12V Or (-) Negative Parking Light Output: - White @ Pink 24 Pin Plug @ BCM JUMPER TO NEGATIVE
Power Door Lock Wiring Connector
451M Door Lock Module
PURPLE / Black Pin 87 Lock/Unlock Normally Open -
GREEN/ Black Pin 30 Lock Output -
WHITE/ Black 87A Lock Normally Closed -
Blue/Black Pin 30 Unlock Output -
BROWN / Black Pin 87A Unlock Normally Closed -
GMBP
Brown: Ground Output When Running – Yellow/Black of 11 Pin
Green N/A
Blue N/A
Violet/White N/A
Violet (Data Output) - Pin #2 of ODBII
Pink/White N/A
Pink N/A
Orange 12V Input - Red of 7 Pin
Red N/A
Black - Ground
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
PASSIVE ANTI-THEFT YES PASSLOCK 2   SEE NOTES 
 12 VOLTS Red Ignition switch harness   + 
 IGNITION Pink Ignition switch harness   + 
 IGNITION 2 Dk.green Ignition switch harness   + 
 ACCESSORY Orange Ignition switch harness   + 
 STARTER Yellow Ignition switch harness   + 
 KEY SENSE Lt.green Pin-B1 on C3 connector at BCM   - 
 The BCM is located under the drivers side of the dash above the kickpanel. See the Body Control Module diagram for exact pin-out locations.
 TACH SIGNAL White At coil on engine   AC 
 On the 3.4L the coil is found at the top rear of the engine. On the 3.8L the coil is on the front right side of the engine. (See photos).
 LOCK ORANGE / black Pin-B3 on C2 connector at BCM   - 
 This single wire doorlock system uses ground to unlock and ground through a 480-ohm resistor to lock. This wire is found at the BCM above the driver's kickpanel. See the DOORLOCK diagram for instructions.
 UNLOCK ORANGE / black Pin-B3 on C2 connector at BCM   - 
 This single wire doorlock system uses ground to unlock and ground through a 480-ohm resistor to lock. This wire is found at the BCM above the driver's kickpanel. See the DOORLOCK diagram for instructions.
 DRIVER LOCK MOTOR Gray At under dash fusepanel   + 
 You must use a 56-Kohm resistor in line with you connection to this wire for keyless upgrade.
 DRIVER UNLOCK MOTOR Tan At under dash fusepanel   + 
 PASSENGER UNLOCK MOTOR Tan At under dash fusepanel   + 
 You must use a 56-Kohm resistor in line with you connection to this wire for keyless upgrade.
 DOORPIN SEE NOTES     
 DK.BLUE for driver's door and BLUE/WHITE catches all other doors. Both wire are found at the BCM above the driver's kickpanel. See the Body Control Module diagram for exact pin-out locations.
 TRUNK PIN RED / black Pin-A11 on C2 connector at BCM   - 
 The BCM is located under the drivers side of the dash above the kickpanel. See the Body Control Module diagram for exact pin-out locations.
 TRUNK RELEASE Black or Lt.blue SEE NOTES   - 
 BLACK is the ( + ) trunk release relay output and is found at pin-A7 on the pink 16-pin C3 connector. LT.BLUE is the ( - ) trunk release relay input and is found at pin-A2 on the gray 24-pin C2 connector
 FACTORY ARM SEE NOTES     
 The factory alarm system can be armed by pulsing the DK.BLUE driver's doorpin wire ( - ) at the same time as the lock pulse to the doorlock wire. The DK.BLUE wire is located at pin-A8 on the gray 16-pin C3 connector at the BCM above the driver's kickpanel. See the Body Control Module diagram for exact pin-out locations
 FACTORY DISARM Lt.green Pin-B3 on C3 connector at BCM   - 
 BRAKESWITCH White At switch above brake pedal   + 
 PARKLIGHTS Lt.blue At light switch harness   - 
 HAND BRAKE Lt.green Pin-B6 on C3 connector at BCM   - 
 HORN Black Pin-B5 on C1 connector at BCM   - 
Your car has 1 wire locks.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  

http://64.85.6.129/extrainfo/diagrams/14301_IMPALA_IMPALA%201%20WIRE%20JBS%20UNITS.pdf

There are 3 diagrams here use the middle one. The lock and unlock colors just happen to be the same. Ground you perple and black.

On the end of the lock wire install a 480 ohm resistor.

tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

http://64.85.6.129/extrainfo/diagrams/14301_IMPALA_IMPALA%201%20WIRE%20JBS%20UNITS.pdf

There are 3 diagrams here use the middle one. The lock and unlock colors just happen to be the same. Ground you perple and black.

On the end of the lock wire install a 480 ohm resistor.

Awesome thanks! That's what I was going to do..
Side note: The lock / unlock wires are opposite colors in the diagram you linked me then the 451M has. Just in case anyone uses this info.
OK. Got the locks answered.
How about the parking lights?
The trunk.. Do I need to use a relay or can I just use the negative wire?
And lastly. Any tips / things to avoid? Radio removal etc?
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  

Parking lights-get at the light switch negative trigger.

Trunk just use the light blue @  the bcm, negative trigger.

tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2007 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  
So is there anything to look out for regarding removing the dash to get to the IGN wires since it is housed on the dashboard? I have to remove the radio to get to it right??
Is it extremely tight to get at?
Thanks! :D
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2007 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
I pull the black panel under the dash off..two quick connect snaps, then remove the knee bolster panel. If you look to the right of the steering colume you will see a bunch of wires comming down from the ignition switch. you might have to move some stuff around to see them. They will be taped up with a cloth type tape. You can usually make enough slack to  make your connection right there. I also use the GM-SL2 module from crimestopper and that will do the locks,lights,trunk and many other option right throught the data wire in the OBD2 connector.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2007 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
You can also unplug the ignition harness's and make connections, just verify wire colors before unplugging.
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2007 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
ziggyb222 wrote:
I pull the black panel under the dash off..two quick connect snaps, then remove the knee bolster panel. If you look to the right of the steering colume you will see a bunch of wires comming down from the ignition switch. you might have to move some stuff around to see them. They will be taped up with a cloth type tape. You can usually make enough slack to make your connection right there. I also use the GM-SL2 module from crimestopper and that will do the locks,lights,trunk and many other option right throught the data wire in the OBD2 connector.
How do you know which bypass is the best / most reliable? I get my bypasses from www.bypasskit.com and they don't even stock that model. I am going to use a GMBP but it doesn't do half the stuff that the GM-SL2 does..
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2007 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
Bypasskits.com also make great modules. I have to have access to some of the Crimestopper module whick are mostly made by Fortin in Canada. I have had great luck with both....
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic