jetta avic d2 rear camera not engaging

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
al86 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  

Jetta 2006 TDI with DSG transmission

I have recently purchased and installed an  Avic D2 with the rear view camera option. When I switch the key on without starting the engine, the camera works flawlessly, switching on and off when moving in and out of reverse. But when I actually start the engine,  the camera doesn't activate when I put the car  in reverse. The camera works when I default the navigation screen to rear view, but stays on all the time in this mode

I had the unit professionnally installed. The reverse signal from the AVIC was checked both in engine on, and then in accessories only mode, using a multi-meter. Both signals are good.

One thing I did notice is the unit boots up in accesories mode, and again when the engine starts.

Could this be software related?

Any solutions?

mike12volt 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
First, You need to make sure your Violet/White wire: Reversegear signal input wire is connected to reverse lamp lead. Usualy located in the trunk. Second, Check your setup settings in menu/camera/setup.
If you need more info check out the manual: Pioneer
mike12volt 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
I bet the reverse signal wire is not connected. Not many people want to run that long of a wire.
al86 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2007 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  

Reverse signal wire is correctly connected, and the camera set up is on to positive. The wire runs to the back-up lights in the trunk. The system works fine when I don't start the engine (i.e.) key on accessories only. I can switch back and forth into reverse, and the camera goes on and off from the monitor as it should. But when I start the engine, I loose the camera, and the system reboots a second time (first boot was when I turn the key to accessories)

Someone else had the exact same problem as me back in November, that thread is closed the member was bmxpert57. I PM'd him no answer to date.

Thanks for your help

Paul

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic