icon

2nd Starter Wire in Nissans Does What?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 02, 2007 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  

I was thinking about the 'off topicness' of this thread yesterday.  Threads on this forum don't typically get this off topic!

The comm line with the ECU would agree with the service manual for the 300ZX that was mentioned.

Kevin Pierson
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2007 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  

Yes we got off topic..but after I traced the 2nd start wire to the engine control module  we are still waiting for someone to post it's function.

Anyhow..some may not agree with me ..thats fine...but do you really think someone would not buy a car just because of all the crap packed into the head unit?? This is not about looks as much about the technology making it difficult to impossible to change a deck. Perhaps I am just missing the good old days when newly purchased vehicles went from the showroom floor to the stereo shop where we got to change out everything ....making the customer happy and profiting as well. Afterall..many times the aftermarket equipment is superior in many ways...and cost quite a bit less..but regardless...it's about freedom of choice and the future of an indusrty at stake here.

Although I agree that styling is an issue I am still not convinced that the manufacturers could consider my industry as well. It is not a small percentage of people who want to upgrade..it is at least 50% of my customers...And I hate saying "it can't be done" or " it can be but get ready to mortgage the house to pay for it".

I would think any installer would agree there..if not then they perhaps are not in the "trenches" of the industry as I am every day. I makes me sick to see all the mom and pop stereo shops going out..but it is a reality and if nothing is done we audio installers will need to consider a new career.

imseth85 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2007 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
Evolution-UK wrote:
The second starter wire actually gets powered up slightly before the main crank wire when using the key. (not sure if this is relevant)
Gav.
This is why it is so important to isolate the second start from the main start when doing remote start, I've seen instances where the second start was hooked up by simply using a jumper, and it produces a nasty split second cranking sound when inserting the key after remote start. I've seen this on a 98 maxima. Isolating the second start stopped the problem.
Seth Alvo     NY
Mobile Electronics Installer
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2007 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
I always isolate the 2nd start but regardless.......I am curious how the vehicle actually knows the difference..in other words the RS unit sends 12v to both wires at the same time..even when isolated. This is not the same as turning the key manually..does anyone know how it can tell the difference?
Page of 8

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic