96 Craftsman Wide Box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
philaf 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  
yeah.. i said craftsman. hahaha
96 Craftsman Wide Box - Last Post -- posted image.
so yeah, got bored one day so i decided to goof off with some extra equipment i had sitting around. the deck had a fried internal amp, so i hooked it up to a factory toyota amp.. worked perfectly. then i whipped up some quick little pods for my 6 1/2 infinity ref's. first time getting to build something useful out of fiberglass so that was tons of fun.
then i scrounged up a box that would fit in the drawer area for my 10" jl w0. airspace calculated out right so in it went. just had to whip up a facing for it to fill the front.
after that, just had to mount the amp, cap, and find a power supply. didn't wanna spend a lot on it, so i decided to take a cheap pc power supply (gotta love dynex margin) and get power from that. 21A on the 12volt rail? perfect! .. $20 later, i opened her up and desoldered all the computer plugs i wouldn't be using. with those gone, i just soldered 8g wire to the thing and hot-wired the switch.
lame part is, the psu doesn't seem to like the cap much, cuz with the cap hooked up it won't power up.. i dunno. maybe the cap's bad.. one of these days i'll have to play with it some more.
but yeah.. hope you enjoyed it, and i'd love to hear some feedback,
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
Someone that puts there downtime to use.. And what better to do with an old craftsman box... Looks pretty cool....
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
philaf 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  

thanks.. yeah, i hate downtime. if i don't have something to do it drives me insane. sad thing is, that toolbox sounds better than most of the cars i work in here in everett.. LOL

next step, new little side cabinet with an old pc stuffed in one of the drawers with a 19" lcd on a stand.. then a keyboard flushed into the worktop with a removable plexi cover.. wireless internet on a toolbox? why not right? yay for downtime! .. haha

sweetest system ever..
flynhighzj 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2007 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  

Now that's the kool's thing I have seen anyone do with there free time.  My hats off two you and you toolbox.

kustomizedtib 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2007 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
Haha, please take that thing to a car show, That's awesome
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2007 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
you work at a best buy?
Matthew Robertson
Senior Installer
Best Buy Deerfoot Meadows